Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, I'm definitely a 'clean freak' when it comes to glass. It's genetic. I have a regular spot on our street that I will stop and clean my windshield/mirrors/rear window if I ever notice any streaks/spots whatsoever. I've been using 'invisible glass' for years, but it still streaks if you don't completely wipe dry. The people that clean our house windows told me to get 'SprayWay' glass cleaner. I finally broke down and tried it. Absolutely the best I've ever used. Foams on, and evaporates almost immediately when wiped. I now have a dozen cans...:rock:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Not yet, as it’s a new phenomenon for me and I was going to exhaust trying to sort the AC/Demister out first, but am willing to try anything.
I wonder why it does not seem to affect every owner. Maybe we just breathe too much. :CWL:

Last edited:

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I would say it does heat the car but not very quickly. Well not as quickly as my previous ICE cars anyway. That may be the issue then? I have emailed by OPC and asked them to address ASAP as it is clearly a safety issue.
If your AC system is very low on refrigerant at some point the Taycan will stop operating to protect the battery. You won't be able to drive the car. Very inconvenient. There have been reports of some Taycan's delivered with leaking refrigerant O-ring(s) so I would make your dealer check the AC refrigerant charge level. Good luck and keep us posted.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
Hey guys,

I'm late to the party here, but here are my two cents anyway:

I don't find that the car the car does mist up that much. I leave the AC as well as the fan speed on auto all the time with the upper vent activated (the one around the chrono), the other vents set on "diffused" and air-recirculation set on auto. I'm really happy with how it does the job. I live in Belgium so I have pretty much the same weather as the folks who live in the UK. We had some snow last week and it worked just fine.

Nevertheless, I noticed that the car does mist up quite quickly when the car is pre-heated in my garage. As soon as I get on the streets, I have to activate the front and rear demist for a minute or so and then I'm good to go and the mist doesn't come back. To me, it's not a flaw but simple physics: warm air on warm windows, sudden drop in the windows' temperature, water from the warm air condensates on the cold windows.

SebastienBeun

First Name
Sebastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 992 Carrera S
Country flag
I've just been out in the rain for the first time and the misting up was ridiculous. We tried every setting we could find and it still wouldn't completely clear. I'm really unimpressed. My Countach demists better and that's not an exaggeration.

And who at Porsche thought the electric vents were a good idea?!? With the vent direction controls hidden in a menu somewhere - Really helpful when you're trying to drive in heavy rain. :facepalm: Technology for technology's sake. What's wrong with some buttons and sliders that you can operate without taking your eyes of the road?

And please can anybody tell me how to direct warm air onto your feet? My passenger spent the entire journey moaning about her cold feet while aggressively poking the screens and telling me what a shit car that Taycan is! ?
Sorry for the belated answer...

Go in the "air conditioning" menu, then "ventilation", then "individual". There you can direct the air flow where you want :)

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
double insulated glass - no fogging or misting whatsoever. only way I was able to get some of that was after having intensive outdoor activities and getting warm (and moist) in the car and turning off mid and top flow (leaving just for toes - which got really cold outside) - that and -20C outside caused fogging, but as soon as I restored the air regulation to standard (diffused), all fog went away pretty much immediately.

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
Sorry for the belated answer...

Go in the "air conditioning" menu, then "ventilation", then "individual". There you can direct the air flow where you want :)
Thank you. I have figured that out since my previous post. But wow it's a lot of messing about with touchscreens whilst trying to drive. Come on Porsche, a nice manual button to press to divert air flow to different areas would be a lot easier, faster and safer! That way you can do it without even taking your eyes off the road once you're familiar with the button locations.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Hi all
I’m a new member who took delivery of my 4S in late November. My2021 in the UK. Really enjoying the car as a long-standing Porsche customer but I too have had a few issues and have found this forum really helpful in the background already. So thanks all for the advice.

Just wanting to chip in on the misting up issue. I definitely suffered with this.

One of the items addressed when my car went in to the dealer this month was this. They apparently have a pseudo recall going on for some cars with issues draining excess rainwater which they have a fix for and they thought this would cause excess moisture and failing to properly demist.

anyway it’s been a lot better since this was sorted. It wasn’t working properly on auto when it really should have Ben but seems to be a lot better now.

cheers

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
One of the items addressed when my car went in to the dealer this month was this. They apparently have a pseudo recall going on for some cars with issues draining excess rainwater which they have a fix for and they thought this would cause excess moisture and failing to properly demist.
That's interesting to know. Which dealer is it?

phil-c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Lotus elise s2 111s
Country flag
Hello,
I use the eco mode and the speed on 4 and the fog disappears quickly:rock::rock::rock: