CarPlay wifi ?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a feeling this functionality will be bundled in an update that enables the in-car WiFi hotspot and internet connectivity along with wireless CarPlay. I don’t have my car yet, but if I understand it, the car has built-in LTE capability active to download map or other content updates, but that the while the WiFi option may be present in the PCM, it’s not yet active. They already have the FCC clearance, so I’ll bet they’re just waiting for some milestone (backend, QA, etc.) to activate it in car. I suspect that milestone is checking off as many things on @louv ’s bug list as possible ;)
Sponsored

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I have the Carplay2air adapter but have not been able to get the Taycan system to recognize it.

Will try again once my 4S is back from the detailing shop this weekend.
did you get to try this again?

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Anyone had any update from Porsche about if/when wireless CarPlay will be coming via a software update? My guess is never (despite it being promised) - but live in hope.

Jbens

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 2021
Country flag
Hello
Just got my 4S Taycan 2021
CarPlay wifi is on it and working in full screen.

pkkaiser

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100DL and soon a Taycan!
Country flag
Carplay Wifi works in MY21 not MY20 despite being listed as feature on MY20...beta testing again...

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Yes, it was advertised as available from the car launch and then it was supposed to be a post launch patch but now radio silence.

The only way this is being retro applied is if you drop a message to the Taycan/porsche management team on LinkedIn or via email.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Yes, it was advertised as available from the car launch and then it was supposed to be a post launch patch but now radio silence.

The only way this is being retro applied is if you drop a message to the Taycan/porsche management team on LinkedIn or via email.
What email address may we pester ?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
What email address may we pester ?
If you go on linked in then it's very easy to ping the following even if you just invite to connect and send them a brief message.

Couple of key people who can make this happen.

Alexander Pollich
CEO Porsche
[email protected]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-pollich/

Stefan Weckbach
VP Taycan Product Line
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-stefan-weckbach-8617956a/
[email protected]

Mayk Wienkoetter
[email protected]
Spokesperson Taycan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayk-wienkoetter-9625b2b1/

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
If you go on linked in then it's very easy to ping the following even if you just invite to connect and send them a brief message.

Couple of key people who can make this happen.

Alexander Pollich
CEO Porsche
[email protected]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-pollich/

Stefan Weckbach
VP Taycan Product Line
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-stefan-weckbach-8617956a/
[email protected]

Mayk Wienkoetter
[email protected]
Spokesperson Taycan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayk-wienkoetter-9625b2b1/
Thanks. I hope they don’t block their emails from forum members because they will start getting a barrage of requests ! :D

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. I hope they don’t block their emails from forum members because they will start getting a barrage of requests ! :D
I hope that everyone can be really civil in this in the first attempt at communication. I intend to approach it as an FYI, that there is trouble brewing since a lot of people are expecting this, it is in the 2021 and most importantly, there has been no communication. A simple, official message of "it will be delivered, most likely in the update before the end of the year" would go a looooong way.

Last edited:

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I wouldn’t mention the forum at all.
Well crap, I said "So Austin_yeahbaby gave me your contact and suggested I reach out to you guys!" :cool:

I agree though, suggesting they communicate a plan is a great start. I've long said most understand hiccups but the absence of communication is unforgivable. They need to get this on the right track.

Siress

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 93 928GTS, 94 911 C2, 93 500E
Country flag
Hi guys,

I hope you are well.
Have you seen CarPlay on the Taycan ?
Do you know if CarPlay takes 100% of the display ?

Moreover, do you know if there is Carplay WiFi ? (CarPlay without the plug)

Thanks a lot.
on my 2020 Taycan CarPlay requires being plugged in, I am hearing 2021 Taycan’s have wireless CarPlay. I am hoping it’s a software update for us early adopters.

I believe it takes up 90 of the center display there is a little space to the right for some vehicle controls

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
This is what I just sent:

==

Gentlemen:

I hope that you are in good health.

I am writing to you as a customer—one who has owned three Porsches, one of which is a 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo. First, I am generally delighted with the car. It truly delivers the Porsche experience in an EV, and you are justified in being proud of what you have accomplished with the car.

That said, my experience as a customer has not been perfect. My primary complaint is that I have still not received answers to repeated questions about the availability of software features that were announced for the 2021 model year, but which do not appear to rely on any new hardware specific to the 2021 models.

I have tried asking my Porsche dealer, and I have also contacted Porsche Cars North America (who referred me back to my dealer, who tells me that they do not have the information).

So, I bring my question to you: I am inquiring about whether the following features will be available for 2020 Taycan owners, and if so, when they will be available:

- Wireless CarPlay (this was advertised when I ordered the car, and is still not functioning, but owners of 2021 cars tell me that they have the feature)
- Smart Lift
- Plug & charge
- DC fast charge rate limiting for battery improved longevity

I eagerly await your answer, and sincerely hope that you will not simply refer me back to the unhelpful PCNA or my dealer.

Best regards,

Wiley Hodges

==

Sehr geehrte Herren,

Ich hoffe, dass Es Ihnen gut geht.

Ich schreibe Ihnen als Kunde – einer, der drei Porsches besessen hat, von denen einer ein 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo ist. Erstens bin ich generell sehr zufrieden mit dem Auto. Es liefert wirklich die Porsche Erfahrung in einem EV, und Sie sind berechtigt, stolz auf das zu sein, was Sie mit dem Auto erreicht haben.

Trotzdem war meine Erfahrung als Kunde nicht perfekt. Meine Hauptbeschwerde ist, dass ich immer noch keine Antworten auf wiederholte Fragen über die Verfügbarkeit von Software-Features erhalten habe, die für das Modelljahr 2021 angekündigt wurden, aber keine neue Hardware zu verwenden scheinen, die speziell für die 2021-Modelle spezifisch ist.

Ich habe versucht, meinen Porsche-Zentrum zu fragen, und ich habe auch Porsche Cars North America kontaktiert (der mich an meinen Zentrum zurückverwiesen hat, der mir sagt, dass sie die Informationen nicht haben).

Also, ich bringe meine Frage an Sie: Ich erkundige mich, ob die folgenden Funktionen für 2020 Taycan-Besitzer verfügbar sein werden, und wenn ja, wann sie verfügbar sein werden:

- Wireless CarPlay (dies wurde beworben, als ich das Auto bestellt, und funktioniert immer noch nicht, aber Besitzer von 2021 Autos sagen mir, dass sie die Funktion haben)
- Smart Lift
- Plug & Charge
- DC-Schnellladeratenbegrenzung für batterieverbesserte Langlebigkeit

Ich warte gespannt auf Ihre Antwort und hoffe aufrichtig, dass Sie mich nicht einfach an die nicht hilfreiche PCNA oder meinen Porsche Zentrum zurückverweisen.

Mit besten Grüßen

Wiley Hodges
Sponsored