CarPlay wifi ?

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Quick update....I’m still getting mixed messages direct from Porsche Germany and no confirmation that Porsche will actually bother putting out the update for 2020 vehicles for wireless car play.

This is despite it being listed in certain brochures as standard

it may just be timing but my connections are saying it’s not confirmed still and I’ve just dropped Porsche another email asking when it will be available.

the fact they are not confirming "it’s just a matter of time" and it’s coming rather than they "don’t know" is not great.

it’s not like a top secret product release and most companies have a vague idea of what they are fixing on their software stack.

Hopefully Porsche listen but For this who want to help then please drop them a quick note to ask when we will see the software update.

Porsche U.K.
[email protected]

Porsche North America web form

https://www.porsche.com/usa/dialogue/contactandinformation/contactus/

copy in....

Alexander Pollich
CEO Porsche
[email protected]
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexander-pollich/

Stefan Weckbach
VP Taycan Product Line
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-stefan-weckbach-8617956a/
[email protected]

Mayk Wienkoetter
[email protected]
Spokesperson Taycan
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mayk-wienkoetter-9625b2b1/

If you do get 5 minutes and want wireless car play in your 2020 model, then please drop the a quick nudge and post on this thread so we can see who wants it.
Sponsored

Bfreedma

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
997.1 911 Turbo Manual, Tesla P85D
Country flag
I have written a nice letter to Mr. Weckbach kindly request that they include this capability and inform their most loyal, early adopter customers of their intentions regarding wireless Carplay.

Do I need to purchase a Macan to get this feature?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well I expect to have this feature. But honestly I can always use the car2play adapter as a worst case solution.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think emailing is a good idea, but the question is whether there are people lower in the org who would be more likely to even read emails coming in from people ? I imagine the CEO gets tons of emails with someone else determining which ones get answered

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did hear back from a VP of Customer Experience at PCNA who wrote:

We are currently still working on finalizing the retroactive update for the model year 2020 vehicles. At this point, it is still too early to confirm the final set of features that will be included in the update. We can expect more information in the next few months.
I expect that they want to be careful about over promising since in software development, who knows what can happen...and when.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Just updated mine - and it now works on the Taycan MY20!
You are correct sir, just checked the supported list. Now I need a second one!

Porsche 2017-2019

edit: decided to order and try the carlinkit 2.0, already have the CPlay2Air for Jaguar.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @Austin_yeahbaby , I also wrote to Stefan asking for, Wireless Carplay, location based lift, max DCFC charge speed, and plug and charge.

Fully in the belief that it's best to ask for four things in hopes to get a few. :cool:

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks @Austin_yeahbaby , I also wrote to Stefan asking for, Wireless Carplay, location based lift, max DCFC charge speed, and plug and charge.

Fully in the belief that it's best to ask for four things in hopes to get a few. :cool:
Plug and charge shouldn’t be much of an issue for Porsche since they already have VIN linkage with accounts. It’s more of an industry challenge with all other EV makers and propagating the standard (yet to be defined?) down at a chargers level.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Plug and charge shouldn’t be much of an issue for Porsche since they already have VIN linkage with accounts. It’s more of an industry challenge with all other EV makers and propagating the standard (yet to be defined?) down at a chargers level.
It's an industry challenge to determine the tamper proof VIN or spoofing can be a real issue. They need sophisticated encryption and two way validation I believe. Car can't trust charger to tell it too much and charger not trusting car. The question is if there was any hw added in 2021 to support the communications. I hope not.
Sponsored