CCS charging - Help please, am I missing something???

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Hi all,

for the first time I tried to charge outside my garage, and it did not go well. I had 65% SoC, so not desperate, just trying to charge away from home to figure it out.

tried 3 different 50kw CCS chargers, and they all do the same.. after downloading the charger app and making the payment, it tells me to plug in the car. After 20 seconds the red light comes on, and message saying charging Not possible. Same story all 3 places, called the companies, and the restarted the stalls, everything working great in their end, and all say it’s the cars fault, can’t talk to the vehicle...

found a fourth charger - a slow AC charger - and that worked first time - but charged only at 9,98 kWh..

my question: Am I missing something to setup up within the car to initiate CSS charge (fast charging)

(battery temp was 26 degrees celsius, and SoC 65%.. outside weather temp 9 degrees Celsius...)
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
which networks?
have you charged wtih CCS before?
could be a faulty DC/DC charger in your vehicle
probably need to have Porsche check it out

the AC charging and the CCS/Fast-DC charging use two separate systems inside the vehicle, it is entirely plausible that once system is in need of diagnostics/repair, and the other is working just fine.

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
which networks?
have you charged wtih CCS before?
could be a faulty DC/DC charger in your vehicle
probably need to have Porsche check it out

the AC charging and the CCS/Fast-DC charging use two separate systems inside the vehicle, it is entirely plausible that once system is in need of diagnostics/repair, and the other is working just fine.
no, have not tried fast charging before, just “slow” 11 kWh in my garage.

the networks is major in Denmark/Europe, called Eon and Clever. Did not try Ionity yet.

both charging ports is working with slow AC, but no success with CCS as of yet..

but no setup in vehicle needed?? It is supposed to be “plug and play”?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yes - it shoudl just work - you likelly have a fault with your CCS charging system in the vehicle that will need to be diagnosed by Porsche service.

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
yes - it shoudl just work - you likelly have a fault with your CCS charging system in the vehicle that will need to be diagnosed by Porsche service.
Ok - Will have them take a look..

is this a common fault, dont Think i have heard about it before?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think any faults are “common” with the Taycan given how new it is, but it’s not unheard of.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Apologies if this is a really condescending question but you made sure to use the CCS connector and not the AC connector? The CCS stations I have seen (and that's not many - just FYI) have both the standard J1772 AC connector on one side and the CCS on the other.

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Apologies if this is a really condescending question but you made sure to use the CCS connector and not the AC connector? The CCS stations I have seen (and that's not many - just FYI) have both the standard J1772 AC connector on one side and the CCS on the other.
Yes i use the CCS - it Can only go to charging port in passenger side, when opening both the main port, and the little one covering the lower part of the CCS connection

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
no, have not tried fast charging before, just “slow” 11 kWh in my garage.

the networks is major in Denmark/Europe, called Eon and Clever. Did not try Ionity yet.

both charging ports is working with slow AC, but no success with CCS as of yet..

but no setup in vehicle needed?? It is supposed to be “plug and play”?
i had a similar experience, different network though. Before you take your car to the dealer i would recommend to try a different ccs network. Preferably Ionity.

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
i had a similar experience, different network tough. Before you take your car to the dealer i would recommend to try a different ccs network. Preferably Ionity.
I am planning to do that, are expecting to receive my Porsche charging service card anyday now, and then have a go.

Did you get your CCS charging to Work after trying IONITY?

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I am planning to do that, are expecting to receive my Porsche charging service card anyday now, and then have a go.

Did you get your CCS charging to Work after trying IONITY?
It did happen in that order yes, but hard to know what the error/solution was. Might have been the network i tried. Or perhaps ionity «uncorked» a bug

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
It did happen in that order yes, but hard to know what the error/solution was. Might have been the network i tried. Or perhaps ionity «uncorked» a bug
?? just need Ionity to clean the pipes, then it will flow more smoothly ??
Sponsored