Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Has anyone noticed their charging session with home chargers goes over the specified profile by 2-4%?

mine keeps doing that
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Has anyone noticed their charging session with home chargers goes over the specified profile by 2-4%?

mine keeps doing that
I have this problem, but I've just ignored it for now. I tried the timer thing, but I noticed my battery is "warm" all days the timer is on ( preconditioning off) even though I only drive it on the weekends. So I turned it off.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine often falls short by 1 - 2%, using a Timer.
Especially when it's colder.

As I used to charge to 80% and increased it to 85%, I treat it as the car giving me a half way house. 😀

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have this problem, but I've just ignored it for now. I tried the timer thing, but I noticed my battery is "warm" all days the timer is on ( preconditioning off) even though I only drive it on the weekends. So I turned it off.
Preconditioning is not related to the timer (or profile)

If you mean preheat then this refers to cabin temperature and nothing to do with the battery.

Preconditioning only occurs when Porsche Charging Planner.is active and you set a DC EVSE as either a stopover or destination (and there is sufficient distance to it).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine often falls short by 1 - 2%, using a Timer.
Especially when it's colder.

As I used to charge to 80% and increased it to 85%, I treat it as the car giving me a half way house. 😀
I think it's likely a software glitch rather than anything else.

I had a weird one last week. I charged to my normal 85% and had 185 miles. After the session was over the readout changed to 195 miles after a couple of hours.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Yes, I figured it’s because preheating was enabled. Sometimes it completes the charge ahead of the timer firing, so it overshoots to have enough for preheating (presumably because it assumes the charger may be disconnected). Other times I find that it’s charging while heating, and then the SoC is off by 1%.

I wouldn’t worry, but I am curious.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I think it's likely a software glitch rather than anything else.

I had a weird one last week. I charged to my normal 85% and had 185 miles. After the session was over the readout changed to 195 miles after a couple of hours.
Had the weather suddenly warmed up?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I can honestly say (as I have tracked every single AC charge! - another thread) that my AC sessions have delivered exactly 85% every single time for over a year to date - but, I never use a Timer, just the std General Profile.

OP
OP
Uknown

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Yes, I figured it’s because preheating was enabled. Sometimes it completes the charge ahead of the timer firing, so it overshoots to have enough for preheating (presumably because it assumes the charger may be disconnected). Other times I find that it’s charging while heating, and then the SoC is off by 1%.

I wouldn’t worry, but I am curious.
I have an appointment Monday because of all the other faults. I am going to ask them about it then too. Will keep you posted if I learn anything useful.
Sponsored