First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
🤣🤣🤣🤣….😮💨….🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Call me naïve but the way I think about it...most cars have cameras that can see who is doing what. If someone used unreasonable force and broke something, they would be easily identifiable. Don't see that happening but again maybe I am naïve.

FWIW - Early during ownership, I once tried to disconnect my charger while doors were locked. (My wife locked doors unbeknownst to me while I was charging outside.) I tried with all my might to pull that cable out and it didn't budge. I would have never applied that much force to someone else's car but feel comfortable it is solidly locked and would require much much more than reasonable force to disconnect a locked charger...if even possible at all by a single human tug.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Unfortunately this does not apply at "free" stations like Top Golf and others that use it as an incentive to draw buyers in.
It’s much harder to expect people to unplug at a full charge in places like this.
People are supposed to drop what they’re doing and go unplug/move their car? I don’t expect that.

But I also don’t believe these types of charging stations are the right path forward (hotels being the exception).

Longer post here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...won’t-be-easy-article.8353/page-2#post-121109

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s much harder to expect people to unplug at a full charge in places like this.
People are supposed to drop what they’re doing and go unplug/move their car? I don’t expect that.

But I also don’t believe these types of charging stations are the right path forward (hotels being the exception).

Longer post here:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...won’t-be-easy-article.8353/page-2#post-121109
I agree to an extent...most of these stations are level 2 and will require multiple hours to charge. The cars typically won't be there multiple hours. And if they are there multiple hours and it is fully charged or at a hotel and fully charged, I feel it is even more acceptable to unplug them after full charge. Especially hotels, where people hope to get a decent charge before departing in morning. I for one would certainly set my alarm at whatever time my car was sufficiently charged to go unplug it enabling other wayward travelers the ability to use it.

Deleted member 6348

The OP is just looking for validation of their behavior when the consensus is that you shouldn't be touching other people's stuff. And yes, you most certainly can have the police called on you for touching somebody else's car.

I've seen signs warning that vehicles will be towed if they occupy a Chargepoint charger when their cars are fully charged. From my experience, EV owners are generally conscientious about this kind of thing, because we are all in the same boat.

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The OP is just looking for validation of their behavior when the consensus is that you shouldn't be touching other people's stuff. And yes, you most certainly can have the police called on you for touching somebody else's car.

I've seen signs warning that vehicles will be towed if they occupy a Chargepoint charger when their cars are fully charged. From my experience, EV owners are generally conscientious about this kind of thing, because we are all in the same boat.
Enough with your passive aggression...I do not need validation. This was an open discussion to get everyone's opinions, maybe even change my own. I openly expressed my opinion and openly stated I respect others that disagree. Why can't you respect mine? You were wrong about Fords, you were wrong about how many vendors don't lock and you are offensive calling this topic stupid initially and now stating I need validation. I am OPENLY exchanging opinions. We obviously differ, but I am not trying to diminish your opinions, only your false "facts".

In fact, if you were to look at the reddit discussion the VAST majority say it is Ok to unplug fully charged cars. reddit.com
/r/volt/comments/r97n4l/is_it_rude_to_unplug_somebody_at_work_if_their/

Seriously dude...you've made multiple inaccurate and offensive comments. State your opinion and stop with the false information and accusations!

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
@tomdfw1 why not make it a poll to get a better aggregation?

Reactions: B61

Deleted member 6348

I’ve learned one thing from the OP in this thread. I’m picking up a padlock for my Tesla adapter.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’ve learned one thing from the OP in this thread. I’m picking up a padlock for my Tesla adapter.
This has not been a very constructive thread so to help move it in that direction I can recommend these locks to you. They fit the Tesla Tap well.

Black 2 Pack TSA Approved Travel Luggage Locks Ultra-Secure Dimple Key Travel Locks with Zinc Alloy Body https://a.co/ahhS8H9

OP
OP
tomdfw1

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@tomdfw1 why not make it a poll to get a better aggregation?
My intent wasn't to see who the majority is...it was to try to get a constructive open discussion to share facts, thoughts, considerations and insights so that we all can benefit and learn from others. I have learned a lot. Idle fees was most informative. I still stand by my belief that a fully charged car in a public charging station is acceptable to be disconnected for the greater good of the public. I respect those that oppose. We are all entitled to our own conclusions. Bottom line: If you don't have the courtesy to disconnect when full, don't expect the courtesy not to be disconnected when full. Created one here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/taycanporsche

Last edited:

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
And if there are no other locations and/or don't have the range to get there?
Then in my opinion a wait is your only option, and I would suffer that wait if I had to. When the person returns I would politely ask them not to hog the charger in the future. I don't think touching someone else's property, or risking damaging it, is worth the cost. There are always other options.

Last edited:

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Then in my opinion a wait is your only option, and I would suffer that wait if I had to. When the person returns I would politely ask them not to hog the charger in the future. I don't think touching someone else's property, or risking damaging it, is worth the cost. There are always other options.
Yes, there are other options, but none would be any more pleasant for the offending car owner…