Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I have now owned my 4S CT for nearly two weeks and the most I can get it to charge is around 220 miles. It shows 100% charged but was expecting more than this. What are others getting or is this about average? Pointers welcomed.
Sponsored

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Depends on a number of factors…

- if you cycle between sports+, sports and eco mode you will see the overall range change.

- the temperature has a big impact in the uk so between 220-250 range is about right for this time of year.

- the wheel size/selection i<pacts distance

I would say 220miles is nothing to worry about, just enjoy ?

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
That's what the range calculator is giving for a CT 4S with 19 or 20 inch wheels and 20°.
So it's not bad.

Porsche Taycan Charging your Taycan 1632476683523

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have now owned my 4S CT for nearly two weeks and the most I can get it to charge is around 220 miles. It shows 100% charged but was expecting more than this. What are others getting or is this about average? Pointers welcomed.
Also, recuperation probably doesn’t work yet, right?
mine started after 450km, yesterday.
without recuperation, I was getting about 320km (at 100%), driving mostly in Normal mode (21”wheels).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
That's what the range calculator is giving for a CT 4S with 19 or 20 inch wheels and 20°.
So it's not bad.

1632476683523.png
Going ECO on the A/C makes a big difference too according to this calculator

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Outside temp really affects the range. I picked up my 4s in early March and always charged to 85%. Projected range was around 200 miles give or take 10 or so and outside temps were in the 70s during the day but around 48-50 in the early morning. As summer progressed with early morning temps being in the high 70s and low 80s and daytime temps in mid-high 90s (I live in Texas) the range progressed to over 250 miles at an 85% charge.

Most recently we had a cold front come through with early morning temps in the high 50s. Now an 85% charge projects about 237 miles of range......................with the car sitting in the garage with a garage temp in the mid-high 70s. When I pull the car out of the garage and drive about 1/2 mile AND the outside temp is now 57 or 58 the projected range gradually drops to 225 miles or so AND I have only driven 1/2 mile. Interestingly, I drive about 3 miles to the running trail, and get back to my car in 1.5-2 hours, the sun is up and temps have increased to high 60s the range changes from 225 miles to maybe 228-230 miles. I fully expect as fall progresses into winter the range will fall back down to 210-215 projected miles or less if temps get down into the high 30s and low 40s.

Not complaining but just sharing how I see temps affecting the projected range on my car. This is one of the 'negatives' to the current state of EV vehicles. My guess is that as technology improves we will see EVs with much greater range with less impact from outside temps. It will be interested to see the new Mercedes EQS to see if and how Mercedes has addressed this.

Ll312

First Name
LL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, S7, Q8
Country flag
Taycan RWD here. Your range will increase over time. My max range with the regular battery started around 200. After a month or two of driving the max range has consistently been at 250. Many others have seen this bump.

OP
OP

Boycie

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Thanks guys. I had no idea temperature had such a big effect

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Thanks guys. I had no idea temperature had such a big effect
temps will have a little effect on the range, especially below 40 or so, using the heater to keep warm will really zap range. on the other side warmer temps have little effect on range.
other range eaters are speed, rain, snow, head/cross winds and elevation changes.

one time when I was traveling west on I 70 through kansas, I was forewarned to charge to 100% because it is a long slight upgrade, the air temps were in the 20's, the prevailing winds off of the rockies was blowing hard that day and all those factors really ate range, it was a white knuckle run, drafting larger vehicles was what helped me make it to the next charger.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Difference between 75 deg. F and 35 deg. F was good for 20% loss of range on my Model S. The computer would not account for this when calculating the range, so as the driver, you had to remember / plan. Taycan accounts for it, but the underlying cause remains (battery less efficient at colder temperatures) - so however you plan, assume you will lose 20% of your range when it's cold.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Also if you are planning to use the DC chargers in the winter months, it is important to precondition (warm up) the batteries using the Porsche Sat Nav and inputting the charger as a destination in the Porsche Charging Point of Interest menu. If you don't the battery will be much slower to charge.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
There is also a huge effect of the vehicle's range calculator having a low starting range from the factory, which then stabilizes at a truer reflection of your actual consumption.

Also, there is a more immediate huge effect from your road's slope. If you climb Pike's Peak, it's going to show gluttonous consumption. Drive back down, and it's going to show very low consumption or actually recuperation, resulting in pretty much average consumption overall. Pro tip: on the way down, set your ACC at an appropriate speed, and let the car recuperate automatically. No need to set the Recup Mode, just use ACC. Make's it a breeze to sail down the slope without any manual accel/deecel intervention. Using ACC (vs Recup Mode or brake pedal), you will still get the maximum recup power from the down-slope.
Sponsored

Last edited: