wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
There is a little tab on the plastic connector. Squeeze the top and bottom of the connector between two finger and gently pull the connector apart. The first light will take about 20 minutes. The second will take about 5.
As you press on the tabs, slightly rotate the connector towards one of the tabs (usually easier towards the tab you cannot easily see). This will cause the tab you rotate towards an easy release. Pulling straight out while trying to push two tabs to clear is more difficult (and sometimes seems impossible).
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
OK, you guys that successfully installed the clear side markers make it sound easier than it is. I'm a handy guy but these are giving me a difficult time. I was able to get the amber markers out, but those spacers seem to be glued on mine as it took some time to pry them off while trying not to break them. They didn't just snap off. Now they won't snap on to the new clear ones, so I guess I'll have to glue them on before reinstalling. Also, the OEM screw doesn't seem to go in far enough to the Suncoast markers. Having a hard time getting the screw in deep enough to get tight fit. Uggh, so much for an easy retrofit! But they are so much nicer than the amber ones, so I have to get this project done. Any suggestions on dealing with those spacers?

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OK, you guys that successfully installed the clear side markers make it sound easier than it is. I'm a handy guy but these are giving me a difficult time. I was able to get the amber markers out, but those spacers seem to be glued on mine as it took some time to pry them off while trying not to break them. They didn't just snap off. Now they won't snap on to the new clear ones, so I guess I'll have to glue them on before reinstalling. Also, the OEM screw doesn't seem to go in far enough to the Suncoast markers. Having a hard time getting the screw in deep enough to get tight fit. Uggh, so much for an easy retrofit! But they are so much nicer than the amber ones, so I have to get this project done. Any suggestions on dealing with those spacers?
I had the same experience as you. Popped my spacers off with a knife and glued them to the top of the light. It appears to me the instructions above had spacers on the bottom of the light (or maybe one on the bottom and one on the top) Mine both seemed to be on the top. But when I put the markers back in, the gap at the top was way to big. Couldn’t get them right, so removed the spacers all together and it looks just right.

On the screw, I found that it wouldn’t go all the way in unless it was straight, which is difficult with the angle in the wheel well. If you prethread it again, nice and straight, and give some elbow grease, you should get it in all the way.

Good luck.

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
When I installed my clear fender markers (from Suncoast, like yours), there weren't any "spacers" attached or included. Nor were there any on the OEM orange markers that I removed. There may be some difference I'm not aware of, but if the screw doesn't go in far enough to bite, could it be that without the spacer it would bite?
Just saying...

Cheers

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I also popped off the spacers from the amber markers and then reglued them on the Suncoast clear markers. The first time the glue was not set and the spacer fell off. It didn't affect the stability of the clear marker (didn't move around or rattle without the spacer). I nevertheless reglued the spacer. I noticed that on one side of the car, the bump on the spacer is well positioned on the body panel. On the other side the bump is halfway exposed. It seems like the spacers were not designed as side specific. Also prethreading the screw is key. It will ensure that you can tighten the screws well so the clear markers have no movement.

Last edited:

NaiM5

First Name
Nai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992.1 Turbo S, '20 Taycan Turbo, 997.2 GT3, E39 M5
Country flag
Hi All,

I've read your comments above and I am curious if there was a design change. I am equally confused, but like you said, well worth the effort once you're done.

-Nai

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
You're instructions were essential to my install, @NaiM5 . Thank you.

I, too, had to pop off the spacers from my original markers and glue them onto the new ones.
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_20200613_174220

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_20200613_180340

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
HUGE help would be if somebody just made a youtube video. That's pretty much my go to place for any 'do it yourself' projects.

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got mine finally done today too. The spacers were definitely the hardest part for me as mine were glued to the OEM markers and I had to pry them off while trying not to break them. Used an exacto knife to pry them off and Gorilla Glue to reapply to the new clear markers. Definitely huge difference on my black Taycan with Mission E wheels.

Sorry Vim, didn't see your post before I did mine but @NaiM5's instructions in this thread were right on. Just know that the spacers, at least on mine, did have to be pried off and glued back - they didn't just pop on and off. FYI, the spacing is so tight that I don't think a YouTube video would even be helpful for this install.

BEFORE:

Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_2602.JPG

AFTER:
Porsche Taycan Clear Side Markers IMG_2640.JPG

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Used an exacto knife to pry them off and Gorilla Glue to reapply to the new clear markers.
Exact same process I used. :surprised:

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
So some people have had success removing and glueing the spacer to the new part, and some people have had success not using the spacer at all on the new marker.

Do we have a conclusion? Or do we go by trial and error on a case-by-case basis?

NaiM5

First Name
Nai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992.1 Turbo S, '20 Taycan Turbo, 997.2 GT3, E39 M5
Country flag
So some people have had success removing and glueing the spacer to the new part, and some people have had success not using the spacer at all on the new marker.

Do we have a conclusion? Or do we go by trial and error on a case-by-case basis?
I'm sure the side marker will work without the spacer, but I believe it will work better with the spacer. There is a reason for it in the first place.

From what I saw during my installation, the spacer contributed to a tighter fit, and I think that is necessary for long term durability.

Just my $0.02.

OMGitsME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I just ordered the same clear side markers for my upcoming 4s. Any other mods yall would recommend or want to do?

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
I just ordered the same clear side markers for my upcoming 4s. Any other mods yall would recommend or want to do?
I'm waiting for someone to share success in cracking open the clear markers and inserting cool LED's instead of the warm that are in there.
Sponsored