Colour coded side skirts

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Yep indeed and to think people pay more for that too!
I have the carbon fiber sport design package on my GTS sedan and i love it. Most compliments I get are for the carbon front lip and rear diffuser. To each their own :)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
We don't agree on colour then. I'm at Frozen Blue, Cherry, Mamba but these keep changing day by day depending on mood lol. Interior will be RaceTec. Options are rear steer, HUD, Pan Roof and bars and a lot more. Too much money on options TBH but skipping the driver aids like lane assist etc but I like the 360 cameras. Happy to share my spec for feedback. I've only been configuring for 2 weeks so I'm sure you have much more experience and knowledge.
Yeah - FBlue is just not a good look in our northern climate and Mamba is just too brave (great in a showroom) and cherry just doesn't work (again due to generally dull climate). I've seen them all in the metal and just think they're not to my taste (or to a future buyer after I'm bored). I would like a green - PPTS has some really nice options here and there is a picture on the forum somewhere of a dealership who basically had half a dozen or more of different greens on display in the showroom.

I sat in a Carmine Red (another marmite colour and bright light dependent) GTS ST with Carmine Red Racetex - it was ok but on balance I prefer the feel of the leather and so will stick with that. I've had a Cayenne GTS with the standard Racetex and so kinda know what I'm not missing. Personal choice at the end of the day.

HUD in my view is pointless and spoils a fantastically clear cockpit with duplicated / redundant data. I've tried it, found it annoying and switched it off.

There is a bad blind spot in the Taycan (rear 3 quarters) and so after a near miss I feel obligated to have this fitted (should be standard).

PTV+ is worth considering but not PDCC unless you like to race on tracks etc.

360 a must have IMHO.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
Yeah - FBlue is just not a good look in our northern climate and Mamba is just too brave (great in a showroom) and cherry just doesn't work (again due to generally dull climate). I've seen them all in the metal and just think they're not to my taste (or to a future buyer after I'm bored). I would like a green - PPTS has some really nice options here and there is a picture on the forum somewhere of a dealership who basically had half a dozen or more of different greens on display in the showroom.

I sat in a Carmine Red (another marmite colour and bright light dependent) GTS ST with Carmine Red Racetex - it was ok but on balance I prefer the feel of the leather and so will stick with that. I've had a Cayenne GTS with the standard Racetex and so kinda know what I'm not missing. Personal choice at the end of the day.

HUD in my view is pointless and spoils a fantastically clear cockpit with duplicated / redundant data. I've tried it, found it annoying and switched it off.

There is a bad blind spot in the Taycan (rear 3 quarters) and so after a near miss I feel obligated to have this fitted (should be standard).

PTV+ is worth considering but not PDCC unless you like to race on tracks etc.

360 a must have IMHO.
The future buyer bit is worth considering which is why I shy away from Mamba but love the colour. Of course where we are we get sunny weather most days. Clear blue skies are 25 deg C at the moment. So Frozen Blue, Cherry and even Gentian should look good here. I've had many silver, black, grey cars so it definitely won't be any colour like this.

I like the GTS RaceTec and it might be a benefit in the summer. We had 49 deg C this summer one day and often get high 30s. I'm also thinking of residuals.

HUD I've had on a 6 series and found it very useful. But as you say it duplicates the binnacle so a good way of saving 1100 euros.

PTV+ is standard on the GTS in France

Bose HiFi, Pan Roof, Roof Bars ? RS Spyder Wheels all a must for me. This is going to be a very expensive car lol

What's your thoughts on the blue rear Porsche logo and running lights?

Just had an email confirming my test drive in a GTS Sports Turismo on Saturday in Limoges

Last edited:

Foxy

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS6,992GTS,GolfGTI
Country flag
If I can stick my oar in, I know dealers (in the U.K.) don’t favour frozen blue, berry, mamba or cherry, think Carmine is somewhere in between but I always think it looks good on a 911 though not so sure on the Taycan. I think hud might not be a bad option on a Taycan, steering wheel obscures the dials and the car gathers speed so effortlessly that a visual reminder under your nose is not such a bad thing. Whatever, musing over options is one of life’s pleasures.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The future buyer bit is worth considering which is why I shy away from Mamba but love the colour. Of course where we are we get sunny weather most days. Clear blue skies are 25 deg C at the moment. So Frozen Blue, Cherry and even Gentian should look good here. I've had many silver, black, grey cars so it definitely won't be any colour like this.

I like the GTS RaceTec and it might be a benefit in the summer. We had 49 deg C this summer one day and often get high 30s. I'm also thinking of residuals.

HUD I've had on a 6 series and found it very useful. But as you say it duplicates the binnacle so a good way of saving 1100 euros.

PTV+ is standard on the GTS in France

Bose HiFi, Pan Roof, Roof Bars ? RS Spyder Wheels all a must for me. This is going to be a very expensive car lol

What's your thoughts on the blue rear Porsche logo and running lights?

Just had an email confirming my test drive in a GTS Sports Turismo on Saturday in Limoges
Sorry, PTV+ is std globally. This with RAS wiil be a match made in heaven.

Personally, I detest the blue light trim and the rear lettering - why!!? Another marmite decision - black is an extra on other models and is part of the "GTS DNA" (dare I say it) and would leave well enough alone.

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I have Gentian with the side skirts. Personally I’m a lot more pleased with my ‘investment’ in those than the Sports Chrono package.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have Gentian with the side skirts. Personally I’m a lot more pleased with my ‘investment’ in those than the Sports Chrono package.
I'm not sold on them as I'd rather they were fully painted (as they are on other Porsches - e.g. Panamera) - inserts look a bit incomplete IMHO and wouldn't pay extra but would accept if std.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, PTV+ is std globally. This with RAS wiil be a match made in heaven.

Personally, I detest the blue light trim and the rear lettering - why!!? Another marmite decision - black is an extra on other models and is part of the "GTS DNA" (dare I say it) and would leave well enough alone.
Thanks guys

I didn't know it was black only on the GTS. I agree then keep it GTSsssyy. What is your thoughts on the blue running lights?

On colour this is a GTS. I always liked the green 911 GT3s so I think you can afford to be more daring. But Porsche owners are very very subdued with colour choice. Me I used to own a yellow metallic Lotus Exige with Cup stripes in grey and silver so I'm not frightened of being different but residuals are always important on such an expensive car. So whilst Mamba is a risk I'm not sure there is such a great risk on the others. Also I live in France so need to get feedback on colour choice from the dealers.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks guys

I didn't know it was black only on the GTS. I agree then keep it GTSsssyy. What is your thoughts on the blue running lights?

On colour this is a GTS. I always liked the green 911 GT3s so I think you can afford to be more daring. But Porsche owners are very very subdued with colour choice. Me I used to own a yellow metallic Lotus Exige with Cup stripes in grey and silver so I'm not frightened of being different but residuals are always important on such an expensive car. So whilst Mamba is a risk I'm not sure there is such a great risk on the others. Also I live in France so need to get feedback on colour choice from the dealers.
No blue on the lights IMHO - looks cheap.

Suspect white is near or at the top - search Porsche Approved across all dealers in France as this will show a count by colour to give you a good idea of what folk like.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No blue on the lights IMHO - looks cheap.

Suspect white is near or at the top - search Porsche Approved across all dealers in France as this will show a count by colour to give you a good idea of what folk like.
There is only 6 for sale so difficult to assess colour in France