oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I like the colour but it's a little too brown for my taste. I went with crayon but I would have preferred something like agate or quartzite grey. Volcano grey is too dark and ice grey too light.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and just finalising my spec yfor a Turbo (November build). I have pretty much settled on all my option choices after weeks of agonising like mgost people BUT still cant decide on the paint colour. I am strangely drawn to 'Coffee Beige' and currently have that on order with lots of Black to add contrast including Mission e Wheels and brake calipers in Gloss Black. I think it looks great on the configurator but am I being stupid picking a colour I have only ever seen in a picture!! Just sick of the White, Black, Grey and Silvers which seem to have dominated every choice of colour I have made in the past. Is it time for a change? Is Beige the new Black :angel: Thoughts anyone??

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I like the colour but it's a little too brown for my taste. I went with crayon but I would have preferred something like agate or quartzite grey. Volcano grey is too dark and ice grey too light.
Ice Grey is just perfect thank you very much ;-) and I hope to let you see for yourselves in 49 days time :)

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
will get my Ice Gray soon . Not seen the color live, but up for a pleasant surprise november.
Please post pictures as the rate things are going my spec won't be locked by then.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Then we can argue over what is better looking, crayon or ice grey. :CWL:

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and just finalising my spec for a Turbo (November build). I have pretty much settled on all my option choices after weeks of agonising like most people BUT still cant decide on the paint colour. I am strangely drawn to 'Coffee Beige' and currently have that on order with lots of Black to add contrast including Mission e Wheels and brake calipers in Gloss Black. I think it looks great on the configurator but am I being stupid picking a colour I have only ever seen in a picture!! Just sick of the White, Black, Grey and Silvers which seem to have dominated every choice of colour I have made in the past. Is it time for a change? Is Beige the new Black :angel: Thoughts anyone??
I'd add, and it's been said before, that Dol.Silver is most poorly represented by the CG'd representations on the configurator, at least on the Taycan pages. Pull up that 2020 color on other Pcar models and, see owner pics to be safe.
It is not darker than GT Silver and is almost as bright as Arctic.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
I'd add, and it's been said before, that Dol.Silver is most poorly represented by the CG'd representations on the configurator, at least on the Taycan pages. Pull up that 2020 color on other Pcar models and, see owner pics to be safe.
It is not darker than GT Silver and is almost as bright as Arctic.
Yes I agree, I went off Dolomite silver when I saw it in the flesh at the weekend. Just a very boring silver and not as good as the Rhodium Silver it effectively replaces. No I am staying with Coffee Beige. Unlike the Silver it actually looks so much better on the colour sample in the dealer than it does on the configurator. My only alternative would be Crayon but I like the Neodyme interior trim and it works perfectly with the Coffee Beige. Choices, choices!

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Long Range, 2019 Porsche 911 4S, 2018 Tesla Model X Performance
Country flag
Hi All,
I am new to the forum and just finalising my spec for a Turbo (November build). I have pretty much settled on all my option choices after weeks of agonising like most people BUT still cant decide on the paint colour. I am strangely drawn to 'Coffee Beige' and currently have that on order with lots of Black to add contrast including Mission e Wheels and brake calipers in Gloss Black. I think it looks great on the configurator but am I being stupid picking a colour I have only ever seen in a picture!! Just sick of the White, Black, Grey and Silvers which seem to have dominated every choice of colour I have made in the past. Is it time for a change? Is Beige the new Black :angel: Thoughts anyone??
Well, White with White Mission E Wheels Never dissapoints, mine is that spec. The one in my pfp is one that qas recently sold at Porsche of the Main Line in PHL, it's one of the blacks (which one I dont think matters) with a matte stealth wrap. I've never seen one look that interesting, with a dark violet pearlescent and everything. All the colors have their own merits but except for the classic White on White this Matte Stealth black is my new favorite for sure. I know you're sick of Black but the purple pearlescent is hardly the standard black. Otherwise I quite like it in a red option. It looks a little more standard then other more spaceship-y Taycans but it still looks good.

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have Dolomite Silver and see no blue whatsoever, its a great combination of bright silver and light charcoal in my opinion. Have the mission e wheels painted in dolomite as well and loving the look so far... Happy ordering !

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. I am going down to the dealer next week to see the samples but there is no chance of seeing a car in coffee beige feeling nervous about my order. Have a week to land my choice before it gets locked down. My default is Dolomite Silver but just wanting something a different.
Well here's my update after visiting dealer. Coffee Beige is a great colour and dealer has now taken three orders for it which makes me feel a bit better. Two of them were changed specs after people saw the colour for the first time! However, I also saw Cherry Red whilst I was there and its a fantastic colour which looked even better with Satin Aurum Mission E Wheels! Am I going mad?? I hate having all these colour combination choices.. Why don't Porsche just have one colour for every model and make my life easy!:facepalm::CWL:

BoltsFan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan - On order
Country flag
You’re not alone. I have a Turbo S on Oder with a freeze date of mid-Nov and my current spec is Coffee Beige, Mission E wheels with body color barrels, Black calipers, Truffle brown interior with the neodyme trim. Subdued but FAST!
Sponsored