f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Electronic steering columns seems like standard feature for any non-econo-box car (some of those even have it), so it would seem odd for Porsche to remove it permanently. It is a vital part of driver profile and comfort entry-exit. Maybe Porsche is focusing on their strength of their race driving heritage, and will start making great racing cars with no luxury features? That might satisfy some customers, but I have a feeling a decent portion of Porsche customers actually expect luxury features, i.e. they wouldn't buy a Lambo with no A/C, hard seats, no infotainment system, etc.
As an engineer I resent any additional weight I don’t need all the time, that, for me, includes the electric steering column and seat adjustments.

I would include unnecessary “ballast“ like soft close doors and other very heavy “luxury” features. I consider most of them as twee gadgets rather than luxury though.

Yet another way in which my preferences differ from the majority I suppose.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
UK configurator currently shows only GTS models and above have electric steering column. 4S and below used to not have it as standard, but IIRC it used to be included when Memory Pack option was selected (either on its own or as part of an upgraded seat option). That is no longer the case- there now seems to be no way to get the electric column on 4S or lower models. I think this change may have happened last year but maybe wasn't implemented in the configurator until recently,

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Man the more I read the more amazed I am that my 2022 CT4S, a late 2021 build, snuck in with every single option ordered, nothing missing (electric column, two keys and a ton more in a highly spec'd out build) - recall even my SA was a wee bit surprised, given the timing, that nothing was omitted! Putting it down to a special effort by Porsche for delivery over Xmas (Dec 21) :) ... yeah I know, I just got lucky!
Sponsored