First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
It'll be worth the wait.
And in my (limited) experience with my car in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida... it's not an issue. But... the highest outside temperatures I saw was 80°F. No problem.

I didn't see any 120° days in Arizona; that would be a real test. And then I might consider a "summertime wrap" of the roof with something extra shiny.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It'll be worth the wait.
And in my (limited) experience with my car in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida... it's not an issue. But... the highest outside temperatures I saw was 80°F. No problem.

I didn't see any 120° days in Arizona; that would be a real test. And then I might consider a "summertime wrap" of the roof with something extra shiny.
I live on Long Island, NY and don't anticipate any 120 degree days. Hoping it'll be fine, thinking

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have this in the 911 in California and it’s wonderful. No problems with heat or noise. Makes the cabin feel a bit more open.

there are numerous options for translucent or opaque films you can apply so you don’t have to paint or damage the car. These are common for lab and interior office windows.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Will any of those options work on a two-dimensionally curved surface?
That is a good question. The film is quite thin, so I'm sure it will conform to a certain extent, but I don't know how 'stretchable' it is, and how well it will conform to curves. I'm pretty confident you will be able to use it on the inside of the panoramic roof, since the curvature is very minimal from what I can see. I would email the manufacturer and ask.

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Will any of those options work on a two-dimensionally curved surface?
Do you have another url as the one above doesn't connect, at least for me. Thanks

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
We drove our new 4S today into Napa, where it was 82 degrees. The AC didn’t work very well (could be a problem) and the heat coming off the sun roof exasperated our uncomfortableness. It sure if I’ve seen a good modification yet but I’m open to one

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Larry,
The car may have the AC set to ECO mode. I've read they may be delivered that way.
Rob

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
We switched from Eco to normal AC and still wimpy. Found others here w same AC problem

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
We switched from Eco to normal AC and still wimpy. Found others here w same AC problem
I live in Atlanta where it has been 95F (35C) this week. I have had no issues with the AC. I have not even switched it from the diffuse setting when I set it up 3 months ago. The only time the AC gets low is if I start to drive the Taycan aggressively in Sport plus. I will get a message saying the AC has been temporarily deactivated to enable the performance required for Sport Plus. There are some other owners reporting that the refrigerant level is low. You might want to have it checked at the dealer. My wife always thinks our cars are too cold and I like it cool. It is a big deal for me to say I can leave the Taycan AC on diffuse and Auto without any issues with the temperature.

As far as the panoramic roof it is very good at heat rejection. I have written my observations in the Tinting Windows thread.

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Graz
I live in Atlanta where it has been 95F (35C) this week. I have had no issues with the AC. I have not even switched it from the diffuse setting when I set it up 3 months ago. The only time the AC gets low is if I start to drive the Taycan aggressively in Sport plus. I will get a message saying the AC has been temporarily deactivated to enable the performance required for Sport Plus. There are some other owners reporting that the refrigerant level is low. You might want to have it checked at the dealer. My wife always thinks our cars are too cold and I like it cool. It is a big deal for me to say I can leave the Taycan AC on diffuse and Auto without any issues with the temperature.

As far as the panoramic roof it is very good at heat rejection. I have written my observations in the Tinting Windows thread.
grazie

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
It'll be worth the wait.

I have driven the car on multiple days in Colorado where it has been 95+ degrees. At a mile high, the sun is strong here. So far the car has been very comfortable. I haven't even had to take it off AC Eco.

I am not sure the AC is as powerful as say a classic American car when they really knew how to build high power AC systems, but it seems fine for my purposes.