smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Hi folks - this is probably and noddy question, so apologies....

I have now accepted a build slot for July 2022 (brought forward from Q1 2023) - on the basis that it will be an MY23 car - this was assured to me verbally.

Is there anyway to verify that a particular car is MY23 in advance of final locking and ordering? Is it stipulated in the ordering paperwork? Or any other documentation? Where is the MY recorded?

I also asked how we could finalise the spec the MY23 car in March since the MY23 configurator would not be available. I was assured that options etc would not change a lot between ordering and MY23 spec being confirmed - but standard features might be added - price will go up (expected).

Has anyone experience of ordering blind like that? - how did it go?

many thanks
Sponsored

CroquetMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

I have now accepted a build slot for July 2022 (brought forward from Q1 2023) - on the basis that it will be an MY23 car - this was assured to me verbally.

Is there anyway to verify that a particular car is MY23 in advance of final locking and ordering? Is it stipulated in the ordering paperwork? Or any other documentation? Where is the MY recorded?

I also asked how we could finalise the spec the MY23 car in March since the MY23 configurator would not be available. I was assured that options etc would not change a lot between ordering and MY23 spec being confirmed - but standard features might be added - price will go up (expected).

many thanks
Smoothound, this is a key question! I do hope that other UK forum members will respond and it is very relevant to me - also in Devon! I imagine there will be some software updates at the very least for MY23, but we really could do with getting some reliable information.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Smoothound, this is a key question! I do hope that other UK forum members will respond and it is very relevant to me - also in Devon! I imagine there will be some software updates at the very least for MY23, but we really could do with getting some reliable information.
Hi Mr. C - Since I posted this question, I have been informed that it is not my 'build slot', but an 'allocation' that is scheduled for July. MY OPC explained that the build slot would be after that - given the factory resets for the new MY in August, this would mean that the 'build slot' will be post August 22, which would be MY23. So I am molified for now. I want to explore this further at the next stage.

I also advised the OPC that I was aware that the letter code of the 10th character on the VIN indicated the MY....... 'P'=MY23 and 'N' = MY22, so I will know either way when I get the car.

That is as much as I know so far. Next step for me is late Feb or early March when I will be confirming the spec for delivery Q4 2022. I will be discussing the matter with the OPC further then.

cheers

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Based on my experience, your build freeze date will be AFTER the configurator update. I had the same thing happen with my MY22 car and placing an order (and preliminary build spec) before configurator update was done.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

many thanks
MY23 will be orderable / locked from late August with an October / November delivery. Any car delivered before then likely won't be MY23 to my mind.

I have deliberately deferred my GTS ST to November delivery to ensure I get MY23 (same as I did with my 4S in Nov'20).

The configurator will be updated in advance of that - generally late July / early August.

Your dealer should be able to give you confirmation of model code and model year (it may be on the order form) once your build is locked.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I wanted a MY2022 Turbo S, so paid the deposit in May 2021 with the dealer being aware that I would wait until they became available.

I still used the existing configurator in the meantime to create a spec that was used for the order, but once the new one came out my dealer contacted me to ask me to make any amendments I wanted. That was around 13th July.

Everything copied from my MY2021 spec to the MY2022 and it gives you the added benefit of wasting even more hours in seeing what's changed and deciding whether you really, really need those new options or whether that money is better spent feeding your kids.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Based on my experience, your build freeze date will be AFTER the configurator update. I had the same thing happen with my MY22 car and placing an order (and preliminary build spec) before configurator update was done.
That is great news - thanks! I must admit that logically, I imagined the first process would be to 'fix' the PTS paint and confirm a definite order at around 6 months lead in - and then the remaining 'normal' options could be decided closer to the date - but the OPC didn't really explain that..

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Seeing as you're in UK I assume your process would be the same as mine. Specced a car while config was for MY21. As soon as the MY22 went live the dealer sent a revised MY22 order form for me to check, confirm and sign. One caveat to waiting for a MY23 is that you are not protected if there price increase. To be sure of a MY23 car do not accept a build allocation where the freeze date is before the MY23 config goes live.
Sponsored