CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I just deleted the app from my phone. So I don’t use the app. I still log into my Porsche account in the vehicle so it saves my vehicle settings etc. I haven’t had a false alarm since.. good luck
Sponsored

bdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
For some reason it only happened to me twice, and those two times were at the exact same location (a friend's house). Would it be possible that it's related to some electromagnetic interference?

Pad-42

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Crossturismo
Country flag
Just received my CT and had same issue. The dealer was not aware of this and thanks to this forum community as I realized it was not an isolated bug. I am currently getting the alarm off manually through the pcm in deactivating it. I have asked my dealer to send the bug notice to the manufacturer in order to be first aware in case there is a remediation. Looking at the price of this car this is not acceptable and not at all aligned with the quality standards of porsche. I will ask for a commercial gesture ( they promised me one already because the delivery was delayed 2 months without notice…)
Cheers from France

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have not experienced this bug yet in my MY21 CT4, but have not installed the app either (and not curious enough to try until there is a fix - which we have been waiting for months already).

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
For some reason it only happened to me twice, and those two times were at the exact same location (a friend's house). Would it be possible that it's related to some electromagnetic interference?
Have you tried to lock the car pressing twice on the key?

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I did set the internal monitor off from PCM and it does not prompt me anymore

Dr.MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
My dealer wasn't familiar with it as I got one of their first CT orders, but after a diagnosis, they have ordered a new headliner (which they said includes the interior sensor) and I'm just waiting for it to arrive to get it swapped out.

In the meantime, I just disable the interior monitoring but still deal with alarm triggers occasionally when I forget to turn it off. I usually do it with the notification on screen when shutting the car off (before opening door.) I'm pretty positive that the alarm triggered one time after I did the double tap on the fob's lock button which should also disable the security system. Haven't really messed with the nuances of the best way to turn it off.
Me too, except mine goes off all the time. I thought it was me. I even took the Connect app off and all the apps off my phone and I still set it off. Multiple times a day. I can't lock my car anymore. That's crazy. I have to call the dealer. Mine started the day I pulled out of the dealer.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Me too, except mine goes off all the time. I thought it was me. I even took the Connect app off and all the apps off my phone and I still set it off. Multiple times a day. I can't lock my car anymore. That's crazy. I have to call the dealer. Mine started the day I pulled out of the dealer.
This echoes my experience, including deleting the app(s).

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
I have resorted to putting the car to sleep every night - checking the sensor setting and locking with a double click on the remote. I have removed both apps and no difference in false alarms.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
for me 0 problems as I have just ordered the new car :) hope they fix it for 2022 models....

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Having to worry about your car freaking out and sending ear piercing false alarms (and in some cases having the double click not work) isn't an acceptable long term work around or fix. Having quirks of having to always set modes for things because they aren't saved in memory upon shut down, and other software bugs/quirks I'm fine with. Having to tip toe around how to leave or something as important as LOCKING your vehicle isn't ok with no real response from Porsche on a possible move toward a long term work around or permanent fix. It's been months if not more that this is plaguing the community.

Additionally, maybe I'm a bit more sensitive for this, but having a six figure car sitting in your garage going off even when the car isn't locked and waking up your children or annoying your neighbors causing you to panic run around the house to find the keys is NOT the experience I want. Having to back of the mind worry about it randomly happening because maybe you did the Konami code solution wrong isn't cool either. :)
100% agree. My only true bad complaint with my brand new 4S. Very unnerving for me is that the double tap doesn’t always work….