CT configurator interior 'paint patches' real or bug?

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Porsche Taycan CT configurator interior 'paint patches' real or bug? iris-5
Hi - In the CT configurator with the view to the back of the interior there are 4 'patches' of colour along the roof sides (pano roof selected) - that seem to match the exterior colour - as if paint finished.

Is this a bug? or do they really exist in the car?

many thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Can't see any on mine-
1655223031148.png
Thanks Paul - is your exterior colour black or grey by any chance? The patches are there, but look black. Actually its black with other colours like White - but shows the external colour on PTS and some standard colours. I think it's a bug.

There is one of the 4 patches, just above the top left hand corner (as we look) of headrest of the drivers chair..... ? change the exterior colour and they show that for some of these.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi - In the CT configurator with the view to the back of the interior there are 4 'patches' of colour along the roof sides (pano roof selected) - that seem to match the exterior colour - as if paint finished.

many thanks
It won't be painted.

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Noddy would be proud!
Ah Grandad Noddy - anything to honour his sacred memory - and Grandma Big Ears too - God bless her beard! ;)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Thanks Paul - is your exterior colour black or grey by any chance? The patches are there, but look black. Actually its black with other colours like White - but shows the external colour on PTS and some standard colours. I think it's a bug.

There is one of the 4 patches, just above the top left hand corner (as we look) of headrest of the drivers chair..... ? change the exterior colour and they show that for some of these.
I see what you mean- mine is Frozen Blue but I've tried different colours and they all have what appears to be a blue-grey patch by the driver headrest. I went back to screen grabs I took early this year- the area in question is one of four recessed mounts for the optional net luggage compartment divider. They are rendered correctly on my old screengrab but they aren't being rendered properly on the configurator at the moment.
EDIT- from my older screengrab-
Porsche Taycan CT configurator interior 'paint patches' real or bug? 1655230575385

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've just added the original screengrab to my previous post so you can see what they should look like.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I was so engrossed studying the mystery boxes that I've only just registered that you're considering red seatbelts...I dithered over red v black for ages (hence saving screengrabs of both options) but am hoping that when I collect tomorrow, my decision to go with red will pay off (and I'm also a bit nervous that the configurator might be an accurate representation after all, and my interior will be fitted with these yellow panic buttons 😲)
iris-5.jpeg

many thanks

OP
OP
smoothound

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
I was so engrossed studying the mystery boxes that I've only just registered that you're considering red seatbelts...I dithered over red v black for ages (hence saving screengrabs of both options) but am hoping that when I collect tomorrow, my decision to go with red will pay off (and I'm also a bit nervous that the configurator might be an accurate representation after all, and my interior will be fitted with these yellow panic buttons 😲)
Good luck with collection Paul - a long wait ended! - (lucky so*)

I do like the red/black combo - and I think red seatbelts will add a little drama too - of course, not with yellow paint! .... But TBH I have not decided on anything 100% yet - was just playing with PTS colours when the interior patches leapt out at me... thought it would be a bug - but just better to ask. Cheers

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
So now I have my MY22 CT Turbo- which doesn't have the luggage compartment divider net option- there are no mounting recesses for it, the roof lining is uninterrupted Race-Tex.
Sponsored