CT4 Bike Rack

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Thule bars are available now and are lower profile than the Porsche OEM option. I haven't fitted mine yet but here's a pic of the box...
Thule bars.jpg
@Mattac Nice! What is the SKU? Not available here in the USA yet. Eager to hear how the install goes and see some photos! There is a dedicated thread on the Thule roofbars btw.

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
One maybe stupid quesiton, is this bike rack would be also possible installed on a normal taycan? not cross turismo, but a normal taycan.

Anybody know the answer?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
One maybe stupid quesiton, is this bike rack would be also possible installed on a normal taycan? not cross turismo, but a normal taycan.

Anybody know the answer?
The receiver assembly (as far as I know) is only optioned on the Cross Turismo at the factory so I don't believe available on the Sedan as yet.

Klepper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Hopefully someone comes up with an aftermarket solution that fits in the OEM connection points.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Anybody know the answer?
Unfortunately not. The mounting points have to be factory installed (sit behind the plastic covers on the rear diffuser) and the receptors for these may not be on MY20 / 21 saloons. You would hope this can be remedied in the future so that a) retrofit if not factory fitted, and b) available for all Taycan models.

I'm still annoyed that Porsche chose a completely alien mounting system in the first instance and that a normal trailer hitch option was made available at launch. I have a tow hitch cycle carrier which I now can't use either on my current Taycan or forthcoming CT :-(

Mattac

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
psglas

psglas

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Audi RS4, Defender 90
Country flag
I'm picking up a CT on Friday and really interested to see how the Thule bars mount on the roof rails. Please let me know how they fit and post pics pls.

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
I ordered my CT42 is coming without the roof rails. Are these bars only for the roof rails or is their a receiver on the CT4S either way?
I ordered my CT42 is without the roof rails. Do you know if these bars only for the roof rails or is their a receiver on the CT4S even if configured without the optional roof rails?

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
This is a great question.
for the coupe no bars are required strange that the Turismo is different.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
This is a great question.
for the coupe no bars are required strange that the Turismo is different.
The sedan has roof mounting points. The CT requires the factory roof rails in order to mount the roof top bars.

Mattac

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I ordered my CT42 is coming without the roof rails. Are these bars only for the roof rails or is their a receiver on the CT4S either way?

I ordered my CT42 is without the roof rails. Do you know if these bars only for the roof rails or is their a receiver on the CT4S even if configured without the optional roof rails?
The bars I bought are definitely only for mounting on roof rails. Unsure if there's a receiver on CT's with no rails?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

To get the mounting points you'll need to spec the panoramic roof as per the saloon / sedan otherwise you can't add cross bars to the saloon and logically rails and then cross-bars to the CT. The configurator will highlight the dependencies - useful to know when specing but disastrous after the event if not made aware and wish to add rails and or bars post delivery.

Pauhana99

First Name
JDF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S (December) Audi Etron, Jeep Gladiator.
Country flag
To get the mounting points you'll need to spec the panoramic roof as per the saloon / sedan otherwise you can't add cross bars to the saloon and logically rails and then cross-bars to the CT. The configurator will highlight the dependencies - useful to know when specing but disastrous after the event if not made aware and wish to add rails and or bars post delivery.
I have the pano roof, as I think all US CTs have. I didn't like the rails but what wondering if there was a receiver for a post/pillar roof rack. Not critical as it was a nice to have, not a need to have and obviously I chose not to have the rails...

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
I took delivery of my MY22 4s CT last week. Absolutely loving it. I am waiting for the rear mount bike rack which is due in from Germany any day now and will report back.
please update if and when you get it mine was ordered with my CT March got the car July been told bike carrier not till next year!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have the pano roof, as I think all US CTs have. I didn't like the rails but what wondering if there was a receiver for a post/pillar roof rack. Not critical as it was a nice to have, not a need to have and obviously I chose not to have the rails...
Not sure but it might be that you can use the rail receiver for the cross bar - my hunch is not. Play with the configurator making sure the Pano roof is selected and see if you can add the cross bars independent of the rails.

When I saw the rails with the Pano roof I actually quite liked it as they blend (black) into the roof. I had a Pana ST prior without rails which looked better but for my forthcoming Taycan ST I'll add the rails.
Sponsored