Does the rear bike rack exist

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
When I ordered my CT back last summer, I specified rear bike rack prep and ordered the rear bike rack.
Car arrived in November, but no bike rack.
Dealer said would be available December, then said January, now will not quote a date and just says it is on 'back order'.
I am not well pleased as I would not have chosen the CT over Audi ETron if I had known I would have had to go all winter without a rack.
Has anyone actually got the rear rack?
Sponsored

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
No, no bike rack so far. Porsche import told me it’s sold out.
already waiting for 6months.

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
Same story here in the Netherlands. Ordered rack at the same time when I ordered the Taycan 4s ct. Got car in july 2021, but rack still not available. Shame on Porsche!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That's a pain. Some folk on the forum do have it but waited ages.

They should have provided a standard towbar (electric) like any normal car to facilitate either Porsche or Thule's existing towbar carrier. I have one which I used on my Panamera hoping I could use on my T4S - that never happened and now I'm forced to add the ridiculously overpriced and engineered replacement for my TGTS.

OP
OP

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
Lets see the proof the rack exists !!

OP
OP

Carax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter S Macan S 997GT2
Country flag
Where?
I can only see a Video which looks like one of the Porsche Demo Press cars, and photos of Porsche promos.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Another in the US here
Porsche Taycan Does the rear bike rack exist 4FA82830-8CEC-422B-BD76-77249E90E492
Porsche Taycan Does the rear bike rack exist DC3369CE-EABB-4C80-9847-6A625CB25932

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's only for 2 bikes? Porsche promised it was for 3 bikes.

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My dealer said, about a year ago, that he was sure that this rack could hold 2 e bikes or 3 normal bikes. It seems now that he didn't know what he was talking about or that Porsche changed the design. May be that's the reason why this rack is still not available. How difficult can it be to make a bicycle rack?

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I believe Porsche was advertising the 3rd mount as an additional accessory to the 2-bike rack.

All of you waiting on this rack, did you all get an update yesterday saying no ETA on delivery? I got pinged by 3 forum members yesterday, and this post and another on FB popped up complaining about the same thing.

If anyone's interested, I'm planning on getting several sets of my custom rack mounts made and have contacted 1up about doing a group buy of their tray mounts. Will have more details in a week or two which I'll create a separate post for. Details of my design in below link. If you're interested, feel free to post in that thread and any design feedback you may have I could include in the next batch.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/custom-rear-bike-rack-installed-with-1up-trays.8777/

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I believe Porsche was advertising the 3rd mount as an additional accessory to the 2-bike rack.

All of you waiting on this rack, did you all get an update yesterday saying no ETA on delivery? I got pinged by 3 forum members yesterday, and this post and another on FB popped up complaining about the same thing.

If anyone's interested, I'm planning on getting several sets of my custom rack mounts made and have contacted 1up about doing a group buy of their tray mounts. Will have more details in a week or two which I'll create a separate post for. Details of my design in below link. If you're interested, feel free to post in that thread and any design feedback you may have I could include in the next batch.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/custom-rear-bike-rack-installed-with-1up-trays.8777/
Depending on what goes on with Porsche manufacturing in the next month, my CT4s should be at the dealership in middle of June. That being said, the possibility of getting my hands on the Porsche bike rack seems to be a long shot until 2023 at the least.

I apologize if I missed it in the other thread, but have you identified a max bike weight for the custom rack you designed, built, and use?

thanks for the feedback.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I apologize if I missed it in the other thread, but have you identified a max bike weight for the custom rack you designed, built, and use?
I described it a bit in the first post. Conservatively, I'd say the weight limit is the same as the Porsche rack, 110lbs.
Sponsored