• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
What a drag... Speaking of which, I was seeing between 4-13% reduction in range with the setup I posted above. Better than the 15-30% range hit from a roof box. Man those Yakima and Thule boxes have some decent volume! Did not know about those options before.
It'll be fantastic to see what else people are doing with these extension bars.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
What a drag... Speaking of which, I was seeing between 4-13% reduction in range with the setup I posted above. Better than the 15-30% range hit from a roof box. Man those Yakima and Thule boxes have some decent volume! Did not know about those options before.
Interesting - I wonder what % weight vs drag impact - probably something like 20:80!?

adpa

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S
Country flag
Is it too late to get in on this?

New user here. Registered yesterday specifically for the group buy, but it took half a day for my account to be approved. :confused:

I'm expecting to take delivery of my CT4S soon and I'm in search of a bike transport solution given the uncertainty surrounding availability of the Porsche bike carrier.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Is it too late to get in on this?

New user here. Registered yesterday specifically for the group buy, but it took half a day for my account to be approved. :confused:

I'm expecting to take delivery of my CT4S soon and I'm in search of a bike transport solution given the uncertainty surrounding availability of the Porsche bike carrier.
Hey, you’re still good. I’ll send you a DM with instructions later today.

For anyone else, this group buy is closed.

We put in the order for the bars with the supplier already.

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
@bsclywilly

Not sure if you answered in one of the other threads, but what brand box did you mount on the bars when not carrying a bike? How did you secure it?

Thanks in advance.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
@bsclywilly

Not sure if you answered in one of the other threads, but what brand box did you mount on the bars when not carrying a bike? How did you secure it?

Thanks in advance.
I think the pic Will showed of his box had a 1Up logo on it i.e. the same brand as his bike carriers.

Referring to post #33

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
@bsclywilly

Thanks in advance.
60” 1up cargo tray. They will sell the tray by itself if you contact them.

Drilled holes and filed corners to fit the square carriage bolts that the bike rack uses.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 86F87DE4-5122-4C99-8FFA-072FB81A5678

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
60” 1up cargo tray. They will sell the tray by itself if you contact them.

Drilled holes and filed corners to fit the square carriage bolts that the bike rack uses.
86F87DE4-5122-4C99-8FFA-072FB81A5678.jpeg

Thank you for the feedback. 2 in 1 kind of "hitch" solution that can multi-purpose between bikes and cargo. You should license the design back to Porsche since they over engineered the bike rack into extreme production delays/challenges.

Once again, thank you for the work in organizing this for us.

FrankMCG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S 2017
Country flag
It looks really great. I'm wondering, are they customizable for holding 3 bikes, or is it possible only for 2? I need it for 24-inch bikes(similar to it)
Cheers!

Last edited:
OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
It looks really great. I'm wondering, are they customizable for holding 3 bikes, or is it possible only for 2?
Cheers!
The bars lengths are designed for 2 bikes. I settled on this length since it's the most practical for most people. You could make custom extensions or longer bars to fit 3 bikes if you have the means.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
We've been updating the group in private DMs to date, but I figure I'll make some public updates going forward. The bars have finished their turning process and are currently getting the final machining operations done for the holes and the flats. We're a few days behind our schedule due to the May day holiday in China and also that the machinist wanted to make ABS "soft jaws" for fixturing the bars while doing the milling operations. Once machining is done, then they'll be off to get anodized.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 4F390546-CBFC-4B6D-AEE2-666CBE343370

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy D2B91A87-9890-444E-A6B9-DF1A6F895400

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 5444DF14-29E5-4D88-AA29-27CCD5A23C98

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 9187E974-182F-4AA3-8BDB-85D3CC9F0C1B

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry if this has been asked before, but not sure since my CT4s does not get to the dealership until the middle of June.

How do the bars fit into the car mechanism and stay secure? Is there a through bolt to tighten it in place?

Thanks

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Sorry if this has been asked before, but not sure since my CT4s does not get to the dealership until the middle of June.

How do the bars fit into the car mechanism and stay secure? Is there a through bolt to tighten it in place?

Thanks
My earlier thread shows the pins and the locking mechanism that Porsche uses. But basically there are pins on the ends of the tubes. The tubes are inserted then rotated to prevent pulling out.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Image from iOS (45)
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Image from iOS (41)

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My earlier thread shows the pins and the locking mechanism that Porsche uses. But basically there are pins on the ends of the tubes. The tubes are inserted then rotated to prevent pulling out.
Image from iOS (45).jpg
Image from iOS (41).jpg

Easy process then, great!!!

I am six weeks out from my CT4s arriving at the dealership, if everything stays on track, and very thankful that you designed this and extending the opportunity to us to take advantage of your design skills.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Bars are completed and currently on local transportation to the port. I've also put in the order for the 1up trays, and all the other plugs and hardware. Will update again when I have a shipping timeline.

Some pics of the CNC machining, also.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Image from iOS (66)

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy Image from iOS (68)