felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
If the experience is that bad though, cancel the order, get your money back, and take your business elsewhere. You are correct, it is not easy.
Legally I would have a hard time getting my money back since the order has been confirmed by me and they have never given me a specific date so technically they are not late in delivering and then I would be out of 10000 and that's still 10000.........

which means I will just have to hang in there and hope that I get my car sooner rather than later......... but its really quite disappointing...... and exasperating..... :headbang:
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Maybe it's different over there then. If you haven't signed any paperwork, then what you gave them should be fully returnable.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it's different over there then. If you haven't signed any paperwork, then what you gave them should be fully returnable.
A confirmed order is by definition signed......

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A confirmed order is by definition signed......
That's a big negative. Until I sign paperwork and take delivery of the product then it's not a done deal. Again, maybe they do things differently in your part of the world.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
At this stage I have to agree regarding any form of communication it’s been absolutely abysmal on all fronts. My dealer is closed and PCNA act like they are doing you a favor When you call them. Absolutely zero communication to the customer. Beside all the tchotchkes we received over the first few months of the year again instead of any sold information. They just need to give updates via a online portal.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's a big negative. Until I sign paperwork and take delivery of the product then it's not a done deal. Again, maybe they do things differently in your part of the world.
In Europe at least you have to sign the paperwork before they send it to the factory for production..... so if you do not sign then you have no production. Then you can always walk away but you loose your deposit...... since at the time of my deposit in 2015 there was no set limit up or down so they asked me for 20000 but we settled on 10000 as we already knew that the earliest it would be on the market would be in 2019. so that was a much higher deposit than asked for today but still registered as a deposit so I would still loose that amount today if I walk away... Which in the total value of the car is maybe not masses of money but as I said before 10000 is still 10000.... at least for me. :)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I am having your same thoughts.... is this complete lack of communication worth it.... what will be the after sales experience when the sales experience is like a wet piece of bread.....
Whoa! I’m not in that bad of a situation. Wow. Hummmm. Not sure if this is a one off experience? I’ll wait and see what others comment.
Is this a Tesla fanboy pissing contest? Swing by your dealer and tell him to show you the computer screen with the V-Numbers and take a pic with your phone. If he does not comply cancel the order and move on to another dealer!

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In Europe at least you have to sign the paperwork before they send it to the factory for production..... so if you do not sign then you have no production. Then you can always walk away but you loose your deposit...... since at the time of my deposit in 2015 there was no set limit up or down so they asked me for 20000 but we settled on 10000 as we already knew that the earliest it would be on the market would be in 2019. so that was a much higher deposit than asked for today but still registered as a deposit so I would still loose that amount today if I walk away... Which in the total value of the car is maybe not masses of money but as I said before 10000 is still 10000.... at least for me. :)
So you've been out the 10,000 (CHF I assume) since 2015? o_O It appears I'll be getting my car before you, and I put $0 down. To me it sounds like your dealer is a bit sketchy.

I hope they get you your vehicle ASAP.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is this a Tesla fanboy pissing contest? Swing by your dealer and tell him to show you the computer screen with the V-Numbers and take a pic with your phone. If he does not comply cancel the order and move on to another dealer!
Don’t think so considering I used to have Porsches for the longest time, my brother has a rather large collection of them and my uncle used to race for the team in the 50s and 60s..... I was not living in Switzerland at the time of my Porsche ownerships. Also my dealer is not sketchy considering it is a very official dealer and the only one in the area. But it’s rather that. Being the only one they seem to have very little ado for new clients......... Or maybe clients in general

Asked them for the V-codes but she still could only give me that it’s at V200 which I find extremely bizarre considering I was suppose to be delivered in April when the shut down was enacted.....

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Asked them for the V-codes but she still could only give me that it’s at V200 which I find extremely bizarre considering I was suppose to be delivered in April when the shut down was enacted.....
I know of no reason they shouldn't be able to provide you with a complete V code list of dates for where your car has been, where it currently is at, and where it is expected to be. *shrug* This in addition to the huge deposit 5 years ago... sketchy. I'm probably reading too much into it, and wish you luck.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Don’t think so considering I used to have Porsches for the longest time, my brother has a rather large collection of them and my uncle used to race for the team in the 50s and 60s..... I was not living in Switzerland at the time of my Porsche ownerships. Also my dealer is not sketchy considering it is a very official dealer and the only one in the area. But it’s rather that. Being the only one they seem to have very little ado for new clients......... Or maybe clients in general

I would go in to that dealer and demand that I talk to the dealer principal. If that does not solve things I would contact the main agent in Switzerland or even write to Germany directly. I have never heard any more useless sales person , given that you have put down a deposit for such a long time. Not acceptable at all!

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
ha!!.. Naa nothing about the delay. That's expected. It's all the communications before and in the last week or so when things have started back up again. I don't have any experience with Porsche and was expecting a bit more once a month updates or something :-D..
I'm not expecting the car for many reasons but the lack of communication is interesting.
But hey, I'm posting to see if others have the same feeling.
Thanks!
You're not alone. First time buyer here as well. I had the same issue - getting information has definitely been a pull vs. push system, and often I needed to pull a lot. Based on looking around this site, that seems to be a dealer-specific, vs. Porsche, issue. However, because of COVID-19, even Porsche has been difficult to deal with. Honestly, I think the whole brand has a bit of an arrogance problem.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Deposit refund ability varies drastically from jurisdiction to jurisdictio. In CA, until i hand over the check for remaining balance and the dealer gives me the keys, I can walk away and demand a full refund at any time for no reason.

however, a lot of good dealers will let you cancel with minimum fuss regardless for hot new products because they’ll get sold quickly anyway.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just got word of pending arrival of my car...... mid June! that a good 5 month after it was first promised and and a good 2 months after it was last promised! This is a disgrace in my opinion! I am so close to canceling......... I might as well wait for new colors and new options. I wont see my car until end of august.... :-( since I am usually not at home during the summer months....

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
Just got word of pending arrival of my car...... mid June! that a good 5 month after it was first promised and and a good 2 months after it was last promised!
I know the frustration. Waiting for a new toy is never fun. I was supposed to take delivery at end of march but it's now scheduled for mid June. Frustrating but not that strange due to the Corona outbreak.

Like everything else in life it seems to be dependent on the dealer you interact with. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes not... :(

I was shown my v-codes without asking yesterday as I was to pick up my free loaner Panamera GT e-hybrid as a compensation for the "late" delivery.

I wish you good luck and hope your experience regarding the Taycan gets a a lot better moving forward. It's a fantastic car from my experience thus far.
Sponsored