Dealer ceramic coating yeah or nay

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hiya, new here. Couldn't resist the discounts going on new tacans and pulled the trigger. Picking up shortly but have been offered the ceramic coating and interior protection from the main dealers. Value thoughts?

Also - just exploring a partial PPF on front - probably will not but interested in recommended details in the South East

Cheers
Sponsored

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I got the ceramic coating deal and despite being expensive I suggest it. I really have no time to spare to do it myself and it helps to keep the car clean and it’s a lot easier to wash it.
if you have time to spare buy the kit for 75 quid and spend a day to ceramic coating your Taycan

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think the deal includes the glass, wheels and interior

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
Hiya, new here. Couldn't resist the discounts going on new tacans and pulled the trigger. Picking up shortly but have been offered the ceramic coating and interior protection from the main dealers. Value thoughts?

Also - just exploring a partial PPF on front - probably will not but interested in recommended details in the South East

Cheers
I had mine done by my supplying dealer for £650...prep was immaculate and well worth it IMO. Previous car was an F-Type which i had ceramic coated by a third party and Porsche was every bit as good....like all things, depends on who does it and how good they are 🤷

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Porsche was every bit as good
I'd be surprised if the dealer actually did the work. At that point, it comes down to whether you want to trust the dealer to choose the installer or if you'd rather trust yourself to choose the installer.

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
I'd be surprised if the dealer actually did the work. At that point, it comes down to whether you want to trust the dealer to choose the installer or if you'd rather trust yourself to choose the installer.
It's done via MY dealerership on their premises. They said their valeters are G Techniq approved. Their sell was it was their responsibility if done by them so i took it at that face value.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I got the porsche factory fitted front ppf. It's fine.

Around London, go have a look at NVN and Topaz. They both have amazing facilities and some fairly impressive cars in their work shops. Both in Park Royal, so you can kill 2 birds with one zone.

I nearly used one for ceramic, but never got a round to it (never absolutely convinced about whether it works!).

I'd echo, the dealerships will most likely sub contract, so why pay the middle man?

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
agree with middle man concept but the Gtechnique coating is £950 elsewhere and discounted at £650 by dealer. Cannot see they make much out if it to be honest

eddieterry

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911Turbo, Taycan CT Turbo 2023.
Country flag
I got the porsche factory fitted front ppf. It's fine.

Around London, go have a look at NVN and Topaz. They both have amazing facilities and some fairly impressive cars in their work shops. Both in Park Royal, so you can kill 2 birds with one zone.

I nearly used one for ceramic, but never got a round to it (never absolutely convinced about whether it works!).

I'd echo, the dealerships will most likely sub contract, so why pay the middle man?
I had Topaz do full PPF and Ceramic and cannot recommend them enough - incredibly good.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I got the GTechniq coating and it's great - I've been able to jet wash the car with no extra effort or products to get it clean again when it needs a quick tarting up. I didn't do PPF but wish I had on the front bumper - already have 2 nasty scratches from stones which I've never suffered from on previous cars. I paid about £700 I think, worth every penny and the gtechniq products pack will keep me going too

OP
OP

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
am I right in thinking once GTechniq is done a PPF cannot be put over it? Needs PPF first?

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
I’ve been quoted £799 or discounted to £599 if I take Gap or cosmetic protection. The cosmetic one isn’t bad actually so am debating.

I’ve mailed the dealer asking who does it and what product.

Worth it at £599?
Sponsored