Dealer trade in values

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Hi there folks. Out of curiosity I asked my dealer about trade in and what they can offer for my 21 TTS with 13k kms.
I was shocked at the price they offered for mine. Main reasoning behind this is that Taycans are not “popular” and hard to sell.

130k euros at best is what I was told which is shocking compared to the price of it new. I’ve done some calculations and 1km of mileage costs me 6 euros. Buy electric it’s cheap I was told. How’s the situation worldwide?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
values have plummeted over the last few months. A year ago my dealership offered me $105k for my 21 4s, now I could probably only get about 70-75k for it.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dealer trade-ins are a joke and a rip-off. Several years ago I was considering trading in my pristine 1997 911 Carrera S (993) for a new 991 variant. My local dealer offered me $18K for my 993! I was floored and I sputtered, “Are you out of your fucking mind?” as I fled the store, never to return. When it comes to trade-ins, dealers are nothing more than thieves preying on impatience and ignorance.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well driving it is basically free if we get depreciation out of the equation :D
those $600 tires that wear out in 15k miles are not exactly free, and not to mention the cost to insure it. It's still worth the price of admission but not free by any means.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi there folks. Out of curiosity I asked my dealer about trade in and what they can offer for my 21 TTS with 13k kms.

Buy electric it’s cheap I was told.
:CWL: Told by whom?

EVs are the exact opposite of cheap relative to ICE. And a TTS is just about the most expensive EV on the market. Luxury sedans depreciate like a stone when new. Overlay the likely choppiness of EV adoption over time, and it was pretty easy to assume these cars were going to lose value quickly. The sagging economy and return to normal interest rates are an added negative.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
:CWL: Told by whom?

EVs are the exact opposite of cheap relative to ICE. And a TTS is just about the most expensive EV on the market. Luxury sedans depreciate like a stone when new. Overlay the likely choppiness of EV adoption over time, and it was pretty easy to assume these cars were going to lose value quickly. The sagging economy and return to normal interest rates are an added negative.
By that same dealer haha. So it lost about half its value compared to new and that is unheard of (in my experience). They still have the audacity to sell new ones for 200+.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
those $600 tires that wear out in 15k miles are not exactly free, and not to mention the cost to insure it. It's still worth the price of admission but not free by any means.
I think mine won’t survive as long 🤣 Fronts are already looking crusty, my spirited driving definitely shows lol. Backroads after dark are so much fun.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I was shocked at the price they offered for mine. Main reasoning behind this is that Taycans are not “popular” and hard to sell.

130k euros at best is what I was told which is shocking compared to the price of it new. I’ve done some calculations and 1km of mileage costs me 6 euros. Buy electric it’s cheap I was told. How’s the situation worldwide?
sounds right to me. Used premium cars already retail low. EVs are no exceptions. You think that you paid the price you paid for exclusivity and badge, well, time to wake up. The Taycan are sold like they are Camrys. The streets are flooded with them. New Taycans are not shiny jewels anymore given flooded used Taycans,. If i can, i probably would switch the Cross Turismo coming to a new in-stock 911, that would be a relatively better choice.

OP
OP
driver69

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
sounds right to me. Used premium cars already retail low. EVs are no exceptions. You think that you paid the price you paid for exclusivity and badge, well, time to wake up. The Taycan are sold like they are Camrys. The streets are flooded with them. New Taycans are not shiny jewels anymore given flooded used Taycans,. If i can, i probably would switch the Cross Turismo coming to a new in-stock 911, that would be a relatively better choice.
Yup, already got my eyes on a used 991.2 TTS. Coming from a high tech Taycan it still looks and feels amazing, especially the analogue feel to it with physical buttons and tachometer.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think mine won’t survive as long 🤣 Fronts are already looking crusty, my spirited driving definitely shows lol. Backroads after dark are so much fun.
Nice. I'd love to have roads like that here, but if I did, I'd probably prefer to take the 911 over the Taycan.

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
I actually bought out my lease and own the 21 TTS. We’re in a high interest rate environment and fuel prices in the States are low right now. Fuel is about to go up a lot more and this car has basically no maintenance. The cost to own this vehicle over 5 yrs is very low. When the supercharger networks improve with Tesla assistance, these cars will appreciate in my opinion. I do have the 150 kw? Option that increases the speed of charge on 400v superchargers. I did this debate with myself and decided to buy the car out and I’m happy with the decision. Great time to be buying these right now at these low prices. I would be looking at options and making sure it has the 400v supercharger upgrade on the spec so you can take advantage of Tesla superchargers. I have 2021 TTS and has 18k miles currently. It’s a rediculous buyfor 130k if u can get ur hands on one. My spec was 220k new.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Dealer trade-ins are a joke and a rip-off. Several years ago I was considering trading in my pristine 1997 911 Carrera S (993) for a new 991 variant. My local dealer offered me $18K for my 993! I was floored and I sputtered, “Are you out of your fucking mind?” as I fled the store, never to return. When it comes to trade-ins, dealers are nothing more than thieves preying on impatience and ignorance.
Dude. What the F do you expect. Plus your car is as good as how much you sold it for at the end. So if you got a better price than $18K then cool.
Sponsored