Dealer wait times reducing?

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I've just emailed Cambridge to see if anything has changed on mine since last Oct when I last heard

so not much change in terms wait times for my order with Camridge... still q1 2024 and I'm in 113th in the queue for my 4S! o_O
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I don't think we have established if the bulk salary sacrifice EV lease companies get pushed down the queue in favour of dealership walk-in customers (who sign expensive finance and PX an older Porsche that the dealer can flip).

Jin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (MY24)
Country flag
I don't think we have established if the bulk salary sacrifice EV lease companies get pushed down the queue in favour of dealership walk-in customers (who sign expensive finance and PX an older Porsche that the dealer can flip).
Did ask this at Cambridge and they've said no they're not.

Your current order we are still estimating a delivery lead time of Q1 2024. All orders are allocated in order date, be that a direct retail or lease order. Your order for a Taycan 4s currently has 112 ahead of yours.

OP
OP
Chris_S

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, good point - you would be surprised if they were not a little bias towards these higher margin customers. Maybe they are prioritised when allocations become available due to cancellations?

D8Porsche

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S HDE/Taycan GTS ST ordered
Country flag
I am beginning to doubt the information coming from this group on many issues. But especially this one. Here in the Chicago area of the US there seems to no issue with option availability and the supply issues with the car over all are very much improved.

I am awaiting my order on a GTS ST and I went from 5th in line to 2nd at the first of the year. I was given the opportunity to place a custom order on 2 Turbo Cross Tourismo and one Turbo S Cross Tourismo in the past 3 months, but turned them down because they both have more than what I need (especially price!). I have been offered a build on a Turbo Cross Tourismo from the St Louis dealership also, with a build start date of mid March. It seems that there are many opportunities out there, maybe it's just the higher end models?

Also, I read the post here about unavailability of Bose. St Louis Porsche just got in three rear wheel drive models, all un-sold, all with Bose. My sales contact in Chicago states there is no issue getting Burmester on my GTS.

So, is this a regional thing? Many of these option/supply issues seem to be from Europe based members. Maybe Porsche is selecting certain markets over others? I don't know why they would do that.

It makes me concerned that there are trolls here stirring up stuff, or who have axes to grind? But then why would I think this group be any different than others......sigh. Overall there is great info here and it's the best place to read up on "real world" stuff, but maybe with a grain of salt. :)

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I am beginning to doubt the information coming from this group on many issues. But especially this one. Here in the Chicago area of the US there seems to no issue with option availability and the supply issues with the car over all are very much improved.

I am awaiting my order on a GTS ST and I went from 5th in line to 2nd at the first of the year. I was given the opportunity to place a custom order on 2 Turbo Cross Tourismo and one Turbo S Cross Tourismo in the past 3 months, but turned them down because they both have more than what I need (especially price!). I have been offered a build on a Turbo Cross Tourismo from the St Louis dealership also, with a build start date of mid March. It seems that there are many opportunities out there, maybe it's just the higher end models?

Also, I read the post here about unavailability of Bose. St Louis Porsche just got in three rear wheel drive models, all un-sold, all with Bose. My sales contact in Chicago states there is no issue getting Burmester on my GTS.

So, is this a regional thing? Many of these option/supply issues seem to be from Europe based members. Maybe Porsche is selecting certain markets over others? I don't know why they would do that.

It makes me concerned that there are trolls here stirring up stuff, or who have axes to grind? But then why would I think this group be any different than others......sigh. Overall there is great info here and it's the best place to read up on "real world" stuff, but maybe with a grain of salt. :)
You'll find that this thread is under the UK region and this is what forum members are experiencing in their local region. Availability, pricing, etc are regional with occasional commonality.

US also has regional differences. What you see in Chicago isn't the same for the bay area vs. any other city in the states.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Placed order for MY23 Turbo in May of as soon as 23 was open for order. Dealer (Indianapolis) has been hustling to get me an allocation but no luck all of 22. Then dealer was able to snag (most likely a swap) the allocation with someone in Hawaii giving up the Turbo order and I got a call from the dealer on Jan 5 2023, that I got an allocation with March build and May delivery. I have all in build with all packages and all tech with BM audio. Dealer said they have a long wait list for the 4S but not sure about RWD or GTS. However, they only got 1 GTS in 22 ordered and delivered. A lot of things can happen between now and then so this is just the beginning.

BB8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS
Country flag

I've got better things to do with my time than stir up sh*t on an internet forum.
Grab your VPN, set it to UK, spec Bose and see what comes up for you next to that option on the configurator.

OP
OP
Chris_S

Chris_S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Taycan 4S
Country flag

I'm not sure why you are questioning other users experiences, we are all here to share our knowledge to the benefit of other users - its kind of the whole point of this website?

I'm glad you have got it so good. I do not understand why Porsche do not spread cars more fairly and evenly than it seems they are today!

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag

Not a troll here - just a former Taycan owner looking to get another Taycan.

I think you are right that things are very regional and even dealer specific. Even talking to the three dealers in my area, I get a different vibe sometimes. Also, things can change quickly. ~2 years ago my dealer went from an 18 month list to having five cars on the lot within a short period of time when Covid lockdowns hit home. Nine months later their list was back to 18+ months.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
In November I wanted to place an order for a Carmine Red 4S and was told it would be 12-18 months. I instead bought a GTS from another dealer that was on the lot.

This week I checked my original dealer and they have several Taycans in stock including...a Carmine 4S.

I guess someone else backed out or maybe it was a dealer spec car that he didn't mention?

Mango276

First Name
Manoj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo GTS
Country flag
Hi,
I’ve been allocated a build for a GTS ST in March with delivery around May/June. I’m likely to back out due to a change of mind, looking for a Cayenne with a bit more boot space. Anyone interested in my slot?

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
In the Netherlands there are plenty (100+) new in stock with Porsche. But you have you like the configurations. If you can find one you like, you could drive a new Taycan the week after.
then there are about 200 that just came out of lease, but those are all MY20’s