frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
GTDrivershop over on Rennlist posted this new export schedule from Emden.

Siem Plato is the next ship heading to Canada and Texas (leaving Emden 10/27), Siem Confucius is the next ship heading to Davisville, Baltimore, and Jacksonville (leaving Emden 11/2).

Meanwhile, for us West Coast folks, Glovis Chorus will be at Emden on 10/27.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same. I explained to my sales manager that this car isn’t coming. They won’t give back my deposit. I’ve informed them I’m going elsewhere for a MY22 and am trying to escalate this to the regional Porsche rep.
Posted in another thread, so I wanted to update this one too...

Alright, so I can happily say, VICTORY IS MINE!

After emailing the regional rep and contacting the general manager directly, they finally agreed to return my deposit! From what I can glean from this situation, the sales manager was the asshole here. The GM had no idea about my situation, hadn't even heard my name or order mentioned by the sales manager. So after a 5 minute conversation, he understood and agreed to return my deposit. "Coincidentally" I got an email from the regional rep an hour later telling me he was on top of the situation and apologizing for the frustration. In the end I have it in writing, they are issuing my refund check today. I already found a more reputable Chicago dealer, locked in a MY22 CT and my deposit is only $3500. The freeze date is in two days and delivery of the MY22 CT is 1/7/22, a week before the supposed delivery date of my MY21.

Can't believe I got it done.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

After emailing the regional rep and contacting the general manager directly, they finally agreed to return my deposit! From what I can glean from this situation, the sales manager was the asshole here. The GM had no idea about my situation, hadn't even heard my name or order mentioned by the sales manager. So after a 5 minute conversation, he understood and agreed to return my deposit. "Coincidentally" I got an email from the regional rep an hour later telling me he was on top of the situation and apologizing for the frustration. In the end I have it in writing, they are issuing my refund check today. I already found a more reputable Chicago dealer, locked in a MY22 CT and my deposit is only $3500. The freeze date is in two days and delivery of the MY22 CT is 1/7/22, a week before the supposed delivery date of my MY21.

What dealership did you end up going with? I got my car ordered at motorwerks and my sales rep was great.

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
What dealership did you end up going with? I got my car ordered at motorwerks and my sales rep was great.
I heard good things about Motrowerks. I went with Lincolnwood Porsche - Loeber motors. They've been great, and I've heard very good things about their service.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag

Excellent news! Glad it all worked out

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My production estimated date was 10/15 but actually start on 10/18. The estimated completion is 10/29 which I think ios a bat late, but anyway it is progressing. I'm just checking every day the status like a mad person.

HRHTHEO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered- 2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
My production estimated date was 10/15 but actually start on 10/18. The estimated completion is 10/29 which I think ios a bat late, but anyway it is progressing. I'm just checking every day the status like a mad person.
I am checking daily now. I entered production on 10-20, my production completion date still says 10-29. It has not changed. I am hoping it reaches Emden by 10-29 to catch Siem Cicero to Houston. Fingers crossed.

I have a 22 4s on order for reference.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Freeze date was 9/23, production start 10/14 and today it shows ready for transport with delivery date of 12/03…. Fingers crossed ?
Mine’s a 12/3 delivery to Northern California and its already gone through Panama Canal and headed up Central American coast. I have zero open campaigns…so not sure how it could not come earlier…just waiting with fingers crossed for TYD to update to an earlier date…. Good luck!

yoursuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN
Country flag
Mine’s a 12/3 delivery to Northern California and its already gone through Panama Canal and headed up Central American coast. I have zero open campaigns…so not sure how it could not come earlier…just waiting with fingers crossed for TYD to update to an earlier date…. Good luck!
Mine headed on Mediterranean highway with port processing on 11/5 and dealer delivery of 11/12. No open campaigns here as well, so hoping to pick up car mid Nov. I guess I don’t belong to the Dec delivery anymore ?.. good luck.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine headed on Mediterranean highway with port processing on 11/5 and dealer delivery of 11/12. No open campaigns here as well, so hoping to pick up car mid Nov. I guess I don’t belong to the Dec delivery anymore ?.. good luck.
Good for you! Every day with your new Taycan counts! ? enjoy!

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
I don’t think my car made this date. Looks like if and when the M Highway comes back is getting on 11/12.
If you check the "Entry Port" step in TYD, I think you will find the estimated date to be 5-Nov, even though your "On Vessel" date is 12-Nov. I believe this 12-Nov date will be corrected soon. I am hopeful that both your car and mine made it onto the M Highway ship since the line connecting the "Arrival at Emden" step to the "On Vessel" step is now red in my TYD dashboard. I find that this line changes from white to red shortly before the estimated date is changed to actual date. Clearly there is very little error checking in the TYD app and the programmers apparently do not do very thorough unit tests if any testing at all. My guess is that Porsche has outsourced the TYD program development and maintenance to some group that is either in over their head or does not really care if the app works.

If your car did not make the M Highway last week, it's unlikely it will be assigned to the M Highway on 12-Nov since that ship will not be able to get back to Emden if it arrives in Baltimore on the 4th or 5th of Nov.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
I hope you get it early! Let me know how it goes I’m in a very similar position. Car will be at the Panama Canal in less than 2 weeks.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope you get it early! Let me know how it goes I’m in a very similar position. Car will be at the Panama Canal in less than 2 weeks.
Thank you! I’ll let you know! Fingers and toes as they say…

VA_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Macan, 2022 4CT
Country flag
Interesting. My production was completed on Oct 8th and been at Emden since Oct 12th. My current on vessel date is Nov 5th.

Hope you get your car soon!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. My production was completed on Oct 8th and been at Emden since Oct 12th. My current on vessel date is Nov 5th.

Hope you get your car soon!
Hmm, interesting. Backup at port huh? Sry.
Thanks! May the timeline bump up for you!
Sponsored