Aiwendil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CT4
Country flag
Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1638450892432

So close!!

@nafzal80 - Depends on where the dealer is, at least 2-3 days for unloading and processing and then another 2-3+ days truck time based on what other folks are posting
Sponsored

xtbridgex

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S; 2022 Macan S;
Country flag
Has SFL conductor arrived at Baltimore now?

Also how long do you anticipate it will take our cars to arrive at the dealership after it docks (my dealership is in metro Detroit MI)?
@nafzal80 I was told within a week after port arrival, unless there are any open campaigns or stop sales orders. Your dealer can provide this info.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Any thoughts on why the reported ETA Dec 1, 10 pm was probably 10 to 12 hours earlier than actual? Of course, arrival could have been delayed by late departure from Halifax or slower than expected journey. Or, does reported ETA actually mean ETA to the Chesapeake Bay, and not the journey from mouth of bay to dock?

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1638452534833

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Fully docked now in Baltimore. Let's get this thing unloaded, ASAP!!!

It will be interesting to see what the draught is when the ship leaves. 8.9m now.

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1638453708699

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Fully docked now in Baltimore. Let's get this thing unloaded, ASAP!!!

It will be interesting to see what the draught is when the ship leaves. 8.9m now.

Can't see modern images of the new construction at Sparow's Pt. - this rel more recent zoomed view in MT shows where the new offload road to Port processing lots is I guess:

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 8.04.23 AM

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Updated shipping schedule is attached below.
For those of you more experienced than me here is a question.
TYD says my car has been at Emden for a week. It’s says the next phase is on a vessel on Dec 17th(there is no Vessel on that date but I realize it’s just an estimate) and the name of the Vessel is Asteria Leader. TYD JUST UPDATED THE VESSEL NAME. That Ship is at the Port and leaves today. It would arrive on Dec 28th if on time. If this happens I could make year end as I’m close to the Port(4 hours). Is anyone else on this ship?

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those with cars on SFL Conductor offloading at Baltimore, when/if you get info from dealer confirming your car is at or leaving Baltimore port, please share that here.

My TYD still shows port dates of Dec 24. Hopefully, dealers get updates sooner.

I have read elsewhere on forum that it is only when car is finished with port processing/enroute to dealer that dealer gets confirmation. But it would be nice to get confirmation from dealer that the car is actually on the ground at the port.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
MY PERSONAL PU CHECK LIST

This is my personal list influenced by my build choices but just a reminder of some basic stuff to think of prior to PU at your dealer and some things to do before you even get there.

All pretty std. stuff but in your excitement perhaps might overlook some (especially when at the dealer and not nec. paying full attention to what you purchased :)). A bit anal perhaps but given what you are all paying for this car probably worth reviewing what you receive - trust but verify!

This is my modified version of a separate check list on one of the forums - can't recall who started this but dibs to them:

Attachments

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For those of you more experienced than me here is a question.
TYD says my car has been at Emden for a week. It’s says the next phase is on a vessel on Dec 17th(there is no Vessel on that date but I realize it’s just an estimate) and the name of the Vessel is Asteria Leader. TYD JUST UPDATED THE VESSEL NAME. That Ship is at the Port and leaves today. It would arrive on Dec 28th if on time. If this happens I could make year end as I’m close to the Port(4 hours). Is anyone else on this ship?
My experience is that if you see vessel assigned for your car on TYD, that is pretty reliable. The shipping schedules issued by Porsche and PWL also seem to be reliable. But the dates on TYD for milestones after arrival at Emden are not reliable.
Edited: TYD did update "On Vessel" with correct actual date for that milestone.

Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is my personal list influenced by my build choices but just a reminder of some basic stuff to think of prior to PU at your dealer and some things to do before you even get there.
Thanks a lot for revising and sharing. I have printed it off and will review.

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag

All pretty std. stuff but in your excitement perhaps might overlook some (especially when at the dealer and not nec. paying full attention to what you purchased :)). A bit anal perhaps but given what you are all paying for this car probably worth reviewing what you receive - trust but verify :)

This is my modified version of a separate check list on one of the forums - can't recall who started this but dibs to them:
I saw / copied that checklist from a previous thread as well. Just like you added items specific to my build.
I have made a mental note to myself to not just jump in the car and leave.
Sponsored