December 2021 Delivery

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
For those of you more experienced than me here is a question.
TYD says my car has been at Emden for a week. It’s says the next phase is on a vessel on Dec 17th(there is no Vessel on that date but I realize it’s just an estimate) and the name of the Vessel is Asteria Leader. TYD JUST UPDATED THE VESSEL NAME. That Ship is at the Port and leaves today. It would arrive on Dec 28th if on time. If this happens I could make year end as I’m close to the Port(4 hours). Is anyone else on this ship?
For anyone on the Asteria Leader it just left the Port. Current ETA San Diego is 12/28. Interesting that with all the delays my Car left one week earlier than the original date I was given in July. However, after talking to the Dealer I will miss the year end cutoff by 2-3 days. To make the end of Dec to the Dealer only gives me 3 days to clear the Port. I once had a Porsche that made it in 3 days so I guess I have a slight chance.
Sponsored

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Cape Town Highway has slowed down significantly. My guess is it wont be at Sparrows point until late tomorrow or early the following day if there are no other delays.

Porsche Taycan December 2021 Delivery 1638468125055

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Will you get Terrestrial AIS for the remainder of the journey?
No, there'll be areas on east coast where she'll flirt in and out of terrestrial range I suspect and most def need sat in the Gulf. But couple options there - 1) might just get the 7-day free trail offer on MarineTraffic for Sat coverage or 2) just pay the 99 c per day via the app for sat coverage :)

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Man, it feels like I may as well be on Mars :)

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 12.22.38 PM.png
That routing is wrong for ship, it's not going to take the C&D canal. The conductor is going to head back down the bay and back out.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
That routing is wrong for ship, it's not going to take the C&D canal. The conductor is going to head back down the bay and back out.
Yeah I know - just throwing out MT's often incorrect routing - more about how fricken' far I have to go :)

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Spoke with my SA. Looks like their systems are just as crappy at TYD as they show a delivery date of 1/14 when my car (in theory) is on the Cape Town Highway.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
Today I realized that I don’t know a thing about charging my car once it arrives.
If you plan to charge your car at home, have you sorted out the power for the EVSE (the device which provides power to the car for charging)? This is the one item which needs to be planned and installed in advance of the arrival of your car.

While you can use a 'standard' 120v plug which might be in your garage, for faster charging you should have both a 240v plug and a 240v (level 2) EVSE installed within 15 to 20 ft of your car. The 240v plug is normally installed by an electrician. The 240v EVSE can be bought from a number of good companies.

Unless you plan to use public chargers in which case you don't need an EVSE.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here come the tugs Houston Folks!
Also good for us Baltimore folks, who know that all's ashore who's going ashore. Tomorrow will check with Porsche and dealer and say, whuzzup?
Sponsored