4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I talked to my SA yesterday, and he said everyone that has a car on that ship has been calling him! Unfortunately he said that until he receives the car there is nothing he can do about priority in getting the cars to the dealer. However, once he has control of the car, he can do a preliminary pre-delivery check and contract out the car same day as received. So, for now, it's just wait and see when they start arriving.
@BobC I hear ya. I saw your post the other day about this. And I respect it. I don't get it however, as you would think these dealerships would know a truck is coming to deliver product. I'd think they would want to make room at the very least and technology being what it is, how hard is it to get a heads up that a truck is coming? It matters to me b/c my dealership is in Riverside, about 70 miles away, and I have to arrange transportation to get that far out. I've not been harassing my SA but it would be nice to get at least a 24 hours notice.
Sponsored

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I talked to my SA yesterday, and he said everyone that has a car on that ship has been calling him! Unfortunately he said that until he receives the car there is nothing he can do about priority in getting the cars to the dealer. However, once he has control of the car, he can do a preliminary pre-delivery check and contract out the car same day as received. So, for now, it's just wait and see when they start arriving.
Same here.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So while we are waiting, a couple questions for all:

1. Does anyone plan paint protection or correction on their new vehicle? An enthusiast told me "Porsches are notorious for requiring it" which is not consistent with my experience after owning a new 944 and relatively new 911.

2. Is anyone planning to replace the side markers with the clear equivalent? Is this something the customer can do and if so, where do you get the parts?

Thanks

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag

1. Does anyone plan paint protection or correction on their new vehicle? An enthusiast told me "Porsches are notorious for requiring it" which is not consistent with my experience after owning a new 944 and relatively new 911.

2. Is anyone planning to replace the side markers with the clear equivalent? Is this something the customer can do and if so, where do you get the parts?

Thanks
Yes, I’m doing the front + hood. Got a quote through the dealer.
Yes, I’ve already ordered the clear side markers from SunCoast and my dealer will install them when I pick up the car.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, I’m doing the front + hood. Got a quote through the dealer.
Yes, I’ve already ordered the clear side markers from SunCoast and my dealer will install them when I pick up the car.
What is this called? Protection? correction? I would want to price shop that. Thx

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Mine said the same, i.e. that the dealer prep work takes about half a day but they will do "everything in their power" to contract out the car same day as received. He also called the possibility of taking delivery by the end of the week a "long shot" or something to that effect, but I took that merely as a seasoned SA used to tempering lofty customer expectations. I think there's still a good shot we'll have our cars by Friday.

Last edited:

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag

Thanks
Yes to both. I didn't PPF my Macan or Panamera and have the rock chips on both hoods to prove it. I'm definitely going to PPF the hood and front mirrors of the Taycan, and then have a ceramic finish applied over the entire car. A good local shop quoted me $3500 for the PPF hood, mirrors, and rocker panels, but I'm still shopping around. Am in LA/OC area if anyone knows a good PPF installer!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes to both. I didn't PPF my Macan or Panamera and have the rock chips on both hoods to prove it. I'm definitely going to PPF the hood and front mirrors of the Taycan, and then have a ceramic finish applied over the entire car. A good local shop quoted me $3500 for the PPF hood, mirrors, and rocker panels, but I'm still shopping around. Am in LA/OC area if anyone knows a good PPF installer!
you can get multiple quotes from Yelp pretty easily and judge quality based on customer ratings.

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Hi, same here. Car Arrived 12/7 at Jax and not here yet, stuck at the port. I spoke to my guy at Braman and he said they had problems with transport services to the dealer, he did say Porsche is trying their best to get the cars before Christmas. I better get my car before the end of the year!
My car is en route to Jax port now. Did you ever receive your cars?

@Bambino86 @astrojeff

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Same here.
RE: Asteria Leader
Just received this from my S/A when I asked for an update.
“Still at the port and we haven’t received any shipment notification yet-they’re just trying to get transporters organized to get cars out of the port”.
So I presume we will see cars move Wed/Thur making it very close to end of month cutoff. I could also envision this all slipping to next week. I’ve decided not to worry about the Tax Credit and just enjoy the process. I don’t really mean that!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if the car arrives to a dealer, can paperwork be processed over the phone for the purpose of recording in this year? Then pick up before year end becomes less critical

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I wonder if the car arrives to a dealer, can paperwork be processed over the phone for the purpose of recording in this year? Then pick up before year end becomes less critical
I would think the issue is paying for the car and signing all the paperwork including registration etc. The Car could sit for weeks if you asked the Dealer to make modifications, ie PPF or some other changes. As an example I asked the Dealer about doing some work he said after you pay for the car we could do that.

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
RE: Asteria Leader
Just received this from my S/A when I asked for an update.
“Still at the port and we haven’t received any shipment notification yet-they’re just trying to get transporters organized to get cars out of the port”.
So I presume we will see cars move Wed/Thur making it very close to end of month cutoff. I could also envision this all slipping to next week. I’ve decided not to worry about the Tax Credit and just enjoy the process. I don’t really mean that!
Where do I sign up? I'd like to volunteer my transport services, there's gotta be someone with a spare car carrier I can borrow. Will work for free.