First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
So while we are waiting, a couple questions for all:

1. Does anyone plan paint protection or correction on their new vehicle? An enthusiast told me "Porsches are notorious for requiring it" which is not consistent with my experience after owning a new 944 and relatively new 911.

2. Is anyone planning to replace the side markers with the clear equivalent? Is this something the customer can do and if so, where do you get the parts?

Thanks
I've got a set of new side light markers if you are interested. PM me. My dealer had already put on a set before I picked up my car last week

Jeff
Sponsored

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I've got a set of new side light markers if you are interested. PM me. My dealer had already put on a set before I picked up my car last week

Jeff
well I just ordered them but can probably cancel. I’ll PM U

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
So while we are waiting, a couple questions for all:

1. Does anyone plan paint protection or correction on their new vehicle? An enthusiast told me "Porsches are notorious for requiring it" which is not consistent with my experience after owning a new 944 and relatively new 911.

I used to do ceramic coating only, then move to PPF with ceramic coating. Now looking @ Stek Dynoshield which includes ceramic coating. Full custom-cut wrap is not cheap. At least in the SF Bay Area - We're talking $7500-$9k range.

2. Is anyone planning to replace the side markers with the clear equivalent? Is this something the customer can do and if so, where do you get the parts?

Suncoast is the popular one around here for those clear markers.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/clear9j1.html

Thanks

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Re: Asteria Leader - still no word from my dealer regarding transport, with a big rainstorm expected to hit SoCal this afternoon and last through tomorrow. I just got an emailed flood warning.

Folks, we may have to kiss our 2021 hopes goodbye. :angry:

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Re: Asteria Leader - still no word from my dealer regarding transport, with a big rainstorm expected to hit SoCal this afternoon and last through tomorrow. I just got an emailed flood warning.

Folks, we may have to kiss our 2021 hopes goodbye. :angry:
Even if it’s picked up and received Friday the Dealers can handle the paperwork. They just need it to hit their Lots. Most of us are only 1-5 hours away.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Even if it’s picked up and received Friday the Dealers can handle the paperwork. They just need it to hit their Lots. Most of us are only 1-5 hours away.
Has anyone asked their dealership about starting paperwork now to expedite matters? I have plans on 12/31, I imagine lots of us do, and this could add unnecessary stress - not to mention that I'd likely miss the Orange Bowl where my alma mater is playing.

astrojeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, VW ID.4, 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Has anyone asked their dealership about starting paperwork now to expedite matters? I have plans on 12/31, I imagine lots of us do, and this could add unnecessary stress - not to mention that I'd likely miss the Orange Bowl where my alma mater is playing.
My SA had told me that once the cars leave the port processing the dealer is invoiced, so you should be able to buy the car at that point.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My SA had told me that once the cars leave the port processing the dealer is invoiced, so you should be able to buy the car at that point.
This is good news. More good news! Track My Dream shows the car is in the port of San Diego finally! (as if we did not know).

Are you the guy wanting to sell me your side markers? I did PM you last night. Get back to me or I won't be able to cancel my existing order for them.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Same for my TYD. Dealership has no definitive date but said transport is logjammed badly so could be a few days yet.

Tandrup

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Taycan, ‘18 Panamera 4, ‘17 Range Rover
Country flag
I can confirm that some SA’s are willing to do that :)

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I can confirm that some SA’s are willing to do that :)
RE: San Diego Port
Is it possible that the Ports are so backed up and have limited crews that the Cars will sit for another week? Unlike some of the other Ports where Cars moved very quickly we have seen no movement. I thought we would see something happen today.

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
My SA reported yesterday that the trigger is the car being loaded for transport. It's at that point that they receive an electronic notice of the exit and can then sell the car to us.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My SA reported yesterday that the trigger is the car being loaded for transport. It's at that point that they receive an electronic notice of the exit and can then sell the car to us.
I don't feel I have a particularly attentive SA so if someone gets word of this happening, I'd really appreciate a heads up, and I am sure I am not alone in that sentiment!

HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Yes indeed, if anyone has a car held up at the SD port and you find out it's moved to the transport stage, please do notify us here. Obviously we'll do the same. I have a very attentive SA but would just like to be doubly sure we're all still stuck in this together... heh.
Sponsored