December 2023 Deliveries

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Calling all my December delivery Taycans in the house! All Aboard!

Just kidding.

Ok, my car looks like things happened about a week of the what the dealer showed in their system as Scheduled dates. The Porsche app is showing step 6, "Your Porsche is on its way to the German port." VIN is now available alongside the commission number.

Dealer's backend system is showing that the car has completed V300 on 10/6/23, with updated ETA around mid November to southern California.

**EDIT: Car is now showing December ;( **
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SECRET

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
V331 on 10/9/23 -- Hoping to get confirmation soon on the car being a ship!

OP
OP
SECRET

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Welp, guess I get the embarrassing opportunity to update that my car will be sitting at Emden for a month. Latest update from TYD puts the car leaving port next month!

Porsche Taycan December 2023 Deliveries 1697230456695

OP
OP
SECRET

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Ok, a bit of good news this weekend. It looks like the car is back on its original schedule.

With some help from some previous posts, it looks like the car is on Vessel Crystal Ray IMO: 9210440! Very exciting.

dws_ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo 2024
Country flag
I was informed yesterday by my sales rep, that my CT4 was produced and should arrive at dealership in November. So I expect handover in December, but no specific date yet.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I'm about to fly back from Japan, and decided to check email. Turns out lots of things have happened while I've been over here. I went from "stuck in production" to "at Emden" and am now tentatively scheduled to leave on 10 November.

Is vesselfinder.com considered the best option for trying to figure out which carrier ships are coming in and out of Emden at any given time?

OP
OP
SECRET

SECRET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I'm about to fly back from Japan, and decided to check email. Turns out lots of things have happened while I've been over here. I went from "stuck in production" to "at Emden" and am now tentatively scheduled to leave on 10 November.

Is vesselfinder.com considered the best option for trying to figure out which carrier ships are coming in and out of Emden at any given time?
First, what color is your car? The factory photo looks great!

On tracking your vehicle, here's a summary of how to do it:
  1. Once your car has reached Stage 8: Your vehicle has left German port on TYD (Track Your Dream), you will want to open the detailed view of the order so you can see your car actually on the ocean in the map view.
  2. Make sure whatever browser you're using is in Developer mode. There should be some type of "Web Inspector" mode in the Developer menu for whatever browser you're using to open up a view of the code for the webpage.
  3. In Safari for Mac users, you'll click on 'Network' then look for USMH###### where the # is your commission number.
  4. There should be two files. One is the actual source code for the page, and the second will be an xhr datatype that will have the info you're looking for.
  5. Once you find the xhr element, click on it, and it will open up a preview.
  6. There you will find your commission number, VIN, etc. Look for something like this:
    "currentLocation"
  7. In that section, you should find something called 'position' then 'ident' where there should be an IMO number.
  8. Take that IMO number a plug it into www.marinetraffic.com

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Got it, thanks. The color is Viola Metallic. The only other Taycan I've come across on the internet before in that color was a brief unboxing video. A few days ago I was messing around with the stock finder, and it turns out there's another one for sale currently in the Los Angeles area, so mine won't be lonely even here in California.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Got it, thanks. The color is Viola Metallic. The only other Taycan I've come across on the internet before in that color was a brief unboxing video. A few days ago I was messing around with the stock finder, and it turns out there's another one for sale currently in the Los Angeles area, so mine won't be lonely even here in California.
Not heard of that colour before, so it will be quite a rare one. I am a fellow December delivery Taycan, from across the pond. I have not yet got the production photos, but hoping to get some soon as it is about a week into the build. I believe it will complete on 17th Nov, and arrive in the UK on 1st Dec, so hopefully I will get it soon after that. I hope yours arrives in the expected time.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I have not yet got the production photos, but hoping to get some soon as it is about a week into the build.
For calibration purposes, that's about the point in time when I got the production photos.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
For calibration purposes, that's about the point in time when I got the production photos.
Brilliant, thank you. It will be great to get them soon, and to actually see my new car in the making.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Brilliant, thank you. It will be great to get them soon, and to actually see my new car in the making.
Whatever color you chose will definitely be fun to see on the metal, although I still don't expect to be driving around under bright factory lights all the time, and am expecting my car to probably look close to black under overcast skies. Here's a cropped version of the front-on windshield install (although by now you've probably seen enough of other people's shots to know the five angles).
Porsche Taycan December 2023 Deliveries taycan-windshield

gramorris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I’ll let you know when I get mine Mark. I’m scheduled for completion on the 10th and haven’t got them yet.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I’ll let you know when I get mine Mark. I’m scheduled for completion on the 10th and haven’t got them yet.
Thank you Gramorris. I will do the same. What colour did you go for? I went for flat white, with black gloss trims. Looking forward to seeing how it shapes up in the flesh.

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Whatever color you chose will definitely be fun to see on the metal, although I still don't expect to be driving around under bright factory lights all the time, and am expecting my car to probably look close to black under overcast skies. Here's a cropped version of the front-on windshield install (although by now you've probably seen enough of other people's shots to know the five angles).
taycan-windshield.png
That is a beautiful colour. I bet you can't wait to see it in the metal.