Delivery delayed - What are others seeing

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Ordered my 4S CT in early March for August/September delivery but can’t seem to get any response from my sales rep in the SF bay on dates, timelines, or even build lock date. Good times.

Anyone else with a delivery in September to CA have an idea of timeframes?
Sponsored

MohCT4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ordered my 4CT in April with a delivery date of 7/30, just got pushed to 8/13. We’ll see if they keep moving the goal posts.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
“Waiting at port for ‘chips’”...? Are they teaching surface-mount soldering techniques in stevedore school now?

What port-installed options would require electronics? I though that was usually stuff like floormats or other accessories.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
My RWD came into Jacksonville Port on May 23 and completed "Port Processing" two days ago. Last evening delivery changed from May 28 to Jun 11. Dealer had previously mentioned tire pressure sensors as a past holdup.

Wonder if it's parts or firmware related.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My RWD came into Jacksonville Port on May 23 and completed "Port Processing" two days ago. Last evening delivery changed from May 28 to Jun 11. Dealer had previously mentioned tire pressure sensors as a past holdup.

Wonder if it's parts or firmware related.
Just checked TYD this morning and it now says arrived at dealer 5/26. Main page states still in phase 3 (vehicle produced) Jacksonville port arrival with your car.

I did get the email this morning that the car was added to my Porsche ID and I confirmed the order of the connect services. Car is now officially my vehicles list.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just checked TYD this morning and it now says arrived at dealer 5/26. Main page states still in phase 3 (vehicle produced) Jacksonville port arrival with your car.

I did get the email this morning that the car was added to my Porsche ID and I confirmed the order of the connect services. Car is now officially my vehicles list.

Hope its just another quirk of TYD. Salesguy is checking now but he again suspects TPMS parts issue.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Dealer just indicated that their system shows pre-sold and inventory cars that came in on the same boat are now showing leaving port between 6-11 and 6-25.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Great news! Dealer called and car has arrived. From Emden to S. Florida: 20 days :cool:

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great news! Dealer called and car has arrived. From Emden to S. Florida: 20 days :cool:
Lucky you! I forwarded your note to my dealer. Maybe your delivery is a good sign for my RWD at JAX.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
I believe we're both on the same boat, the RCC Europe. But you guys are all pikers--I ordered my Taycan 4S on December 8 last year!! Why it took so long is anybody's guess. I just hope there aren't any further delays.
In a new development, in the last 24 hours TYD went from being 2k miles away to 2500 miles...every time I update TYD my Taycan has drifted another 50 miles further ?. Guess it is true TYD can’t be trusted. At least dealer confirmed 6/11 is the latest expectation as of 2 days ago

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My 4S CT is scheduled to be built in June with September delivery to Japan, 'though not available to me until October. As of yesterday (May 26th), the dealer said that other vehicles are significantly impacted by component shortages but not so much (so far) for Taycan. They said Macans are quite delayed, as are 911s...
Whereabouts in Japan? my Taycan should be in my hands by mid June, I'm in Kyoto. There aren't many around yet.

PTEastBay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (June), X7, E-class Wagon
Country flag
In a new development, in the last 24 hours TYD went from being 2k miles away to 2500 miles...every time I update TYD my Taycan has drifted another 50 miles further ?. Guess it is true TYD can’t be trusted. At least dealer confirmed 6/11 is the latest expectation as of 2 days ago
I am on this boat as well. Looks like it's stopping in Ecuador before heading up to CA

You can track its progress here - https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai.../mmsi:311003100/imo:9391593/vessel:RCC_EUROPE

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Just learned today that my 4S Cross Turismo has been delayed. Delivery was scheduled for 11th June but now, apparently due to semiconductor supply shortages, will be later... how much later I don't yet know.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
I took delivery today 3/15 lock, 5/28 delivery. My Delay for the TPMS sensor chip was only 10 days at the Houston Port (5/13-23).

Driving to pickup car today I was surprised on how empty (used & new) the Porsche, Audi, Jaguar lots were compared to March when I ordered. Dealer said the shortages have gotten so bad if you order a Taycan today expect delivery Jan. 2022.
Sponsored