Country flag
Last edited:

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The US prohibits the import of products that have been made with forced labour in the western Xinjiang region and other areas in China under the Uyghur Forced Labor Prevention Act of 2021.

The people would not confirm whether or not the part in question was produced in Xinjiang itself.

The issue affects about 1,000 Porsche sports cars and SUVs, several hundred Bentleys, and several thousand Audi vehicles, according to people briefed on the details.

Here is link to extract? related article?

DavidD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Jaguar F-Pace R-Dynamic
Country flag
I was at my dealer today getting my CT washed and during casual conversation he mentioned that they have not had deliveries of any new cars for over one month. I think he meant everything from 911s to Cayennes. He expects another few weeks delays. Lots of unhappy customers.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

GMarcs66

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ,Range Rover,
Country flag
Yep but child labour is child labour and cannot be tolerated. Good on Porsche (and family) to do the right thing albeit prompted by US sanctions.
Have you seen the mines where all the lithium /minerals come from to make these cars ,and the Americans sanction one part of china 😂 if it was a moral decision they wouldn’t allow them to be made at all. Our cars are not saving the planet.

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you seen the mines where all the lithium /minerals come from to make these cars ,and the Americans sanction one part of china 😂 if it was a moral decision they wouldn’t allow them to be made at all. Our cars are not saving the planet.
Indeed but this isn't a planet saving debate - that's for another day - but rather human exploitation.

What amazes me is that US law and in particular export laws rules the western world. Trump can get away with just about anything but 'normal' commercial organisations are compelled to tow the line.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Yep but child labour is child labour and cannot be tolerated. Good on Porsche (and family) to do the right thing albeit prompted by US sanctions.
Porsche haven't done the right thing.

They've bought components made by forced child labour. That the car's have been stopped is solely down to the US imports people. The parts are made, the labour is spent.

We in the West are going to need to be very honest about our objectives. I'm quite sure the labour used in small amounts of components isn't the only thing driving US import rules. Otherwise I would be shocked if rather a lot of things weren't stopped for sale. Including plenty that is "made in America".

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Porsche haven't done the right thing.

They've bought components made by forced child labour. That the car's have been stopped is solely down to the US imports people. The parts are made, the labour is spent.

We in the West are going to need to be very honest about our objectives. I'm quite sure the labour used in small amounts of components isn't the only thing driving US import rules. Otherwise I would be shocked if rather a lot of things weren't stopped for sale. Including plenty that is "made in America".
That's why I caveated my original post....
Sponsored