Do you have the pano roof? Comments on how much you like it below

• Total voters

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
It's too shallow. It's like a tiny pit, not a star.
I just have a bad experience. My last car had something in its windshield and two weeks before I had to return it (lease) a big crack just opened up.

OP
OP
Midlifecrisis

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Pano roof is a part of the Premium Package so you're going to get a lot of "yes" answers. If it only was a standalone option, I think it would be more split.
There are no packages in the UK. I posted in the UK forum as I hoped to get a uk result. Looks like the result is skewed by the US premium package

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There are no packages in the UK. I posted in the UK forum as I hoped to get a uk result. Looks like the result is skewed by the US premium package
Ah, makes sense. I didn't even realize I was in the UK forum. I just saw this thread trending and voted. My bad ?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am in the UK and have pano roof.
I didn't have the car during the heatwave in June, but I don't think UK sun/heat would be an issue.

I wouid definitely spec it again as I have got standard black interior and it brightens it up a bit inside (especially in the rear) even though there are only 2 of us.

So I wouid be less concerned with it if I had a lighter colour interior.

I also think it suits the Ice Grey, as everything on my car is light or dark.
I think some other colours look better without it.

You do also get the weird red/coloured effect when it rains (obv often in the UK).

Porsche Taycan Do you have a pano roof? 20210807_105220

Porsche Taycan Do you have a pano roof? 20210807_105233

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
If you live in a humid environment with high temps, then you might not like the pano, but I
absolutely love mine.

No problems with interior heat, even under one of the most intense solar radiation environments on the planet. It does get hot here, though not as hot as Phoenix. But we are a mile high in elevation, and you'd better wear sunscreen or a good hat when you step outdoors. It's a dry heat, though. When the temperature goes up into the 90s, the humidity dives from the usual teens/twenties down into the single digits. Very comfortable in the shade or under the Taycan pano. If parking in direct sun, I unfold my awesome, heavy-duty Porsche windshield shade to protect the cabin from the greenhouse effect and keep destructive rays off of the dash.

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am interested in how many have the pano roof in the UK. Apparently “most people want it” but some threads from hotter countries suggest that it may be unpleasant in hot sunny weather.

I am not sure whether to spec it, mainly for resale in 3-4 years. I know that some on here will tell me that I won’t be able to give the car away if I don’t have it!

It would be helpful to comment how you got on in the hot weather we had in June. Did you wish they had put a blind in? Do your rear seat passengers complain about the sun? Do you get it in your eyes through the roof or do you feel the heat through it?

I see little value in having it for me, but am considering it as if most cars really have it then future sale could be difficult.

Thanks
I like it. I like the extra light that it lets in.

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
It's simply great!

Much brighter interior makes huge difference. I had a longer trip in summer (>30°C for hours): no problem at all. Also looks better on the outside, especially with brighter colors.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Without a qualm, its great for all the reasons previously expressed. Perhaps in some extreme climates such as Desert Southwest US maybe not.

993Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘96 Porsche 993 C2
Country flag
I am in the UK and have pano roof.
I didn't have the car during the heatwave in June, but I don't think UK sun/heat would be an issue.

I wouid definitely spec it again as I have got standard black interior and it brightens it up a bit inside (especially in the rear) even though there are only 2 of us.

So I wouid be less concerned with it if I had a lighter colour interior.

I also think it suits the Ice Grey, as everything on my car is light or dark.
I think some other colours look better without it.

You do also get the weird red/coloured effect when it rains (obv often in the UK).

20210807_105220.jpg

20210807_105233.jpg
What he said.

Also, Mine is white and I like how it continues the black/white contrast of the rest of the car details. I didn’t like the car with a white roof as it was too.. well.. White! ;)

IMHO Just buy whatever makes you happy mate. You can see enough differing opinions on here that u know someone will want to buy it 3 years from now!

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
I live in Phoenix, definitely a minus to have a panoramic roof being a 2 person household. It has to do with radiant heat from above for me, the looks, the pano roof adds weight as well, and its already bright as heck outside. If anything, I want reprieve from the sunlight.

I realize this isn't the norm for places that have those weird fluffy things in the sky that block out the sun.
Scottsdale here, I haven't found any problem with the pano roof in the heat. I love it. My 9 y/o says it makes her feel like she's riding in a limo (I have no idea where that came from. She's never been in a limo)

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I didn’t have the option for a solid roof when I bought my Taycan 4S. I really like the panoramic roof though and like that it gives more view out and feels more open. It was 118 degrees here in Las Vegas when I left the golf course yesterday and pre cooling the car before I got in really helps. The roof is great at blocking heat, not as good as a solid roof but perfectly comfortable for me even in the extreme heat here in Las Vegas.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
I have it but never notice it. Never have rear passengers either who are the only ones who'd see it. Not sure uf I'd bother next time.

I am interested in how many have the pano roof in the UK. Apparently “most people want it” but some threads from hotter countries suggest that it may be unpleasant in hot sunny weather.

I am not sure whether to spec it, mainly for resale in 3-4 years. I know that some on here will tell me that I won’t be able to give the car away if I don’t have it!

It would be helpful to comment how you got on in the hot weather we had in June. Did you wish they had put a blind in? Do your rear seat passengers complain about the sun? Do you get it in your eyes through the roof or do you feel the heat through it?

I see little value in having it for me, but am considering it as if most cars really have it then future sale could be difficult.

Thanks

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
I specced the pano-roof. The interior without it is gloomy and I have had no hot weather issues.

Previous posters state that the car looks better without. I don’t agree, but if you’re driving it you don’t see the outside anyway !

My interior is black/crayon with crayon belts : the interior is otherwise dull and plasticky,

Kakatus10

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Poverty Spec Taycan 4S 21'
Country flag
I specced the pano-roof. The interior without it is gloomy and I have had no hot weather issues.

Previous posters state that the car looks better without. I don’t agree, but if you’re driving it you don’t see the outside anyway !

My interior is black/crayon with crayon belts : the interior is otherwise dull and plasticky,
I have yet to see a Taycan without the Pano roof, seems like 95% of them have it.
Scottsdale here, I haven't found any problem with the pano roof in the heat. I love it. My 9 y/o says it makes her feel like she's riding in a limo (I have no idea where that came from. She's never been in a limo)
That's fair, I won't have any occupants in the back, aside from when doing road trips potentially.

Just rather do without the extra weight, cost, heat, less noise, plus I like the exterior look without it. Being a native Phoneician, I tend find ways to hide from the sun :)
Sponsored