Drives in LA?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi.
I am going to be in LA next week and looking for some recommended canyon or fun drives.

not interested in sight seeing (eg not ocean drive just for the ocean, but if it is a fun drive, that would work)

Recommendations?

thanks
Sponsored

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
It's not super close, but if you're willing to drive up to Ojai / Santa Barbara there's a couple roads that are particularly worth checking out depending on what you're looking for. E.g. there's an area of the 192 in Santa Barbara that is just pure turn after turn for 4-5 miles and it's a blast to drive. The 150 up to (or from) Ojai has got some stunning vistas.

Porsche Taycan Drives in LA? Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.16.37 PM

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I recommend going up PCH to Mulholland Hwy, just past Leo Carillo state beach. Go up Mulholland all the way to Old Topanga Canyon, down to Topanga Canyon, and back down to PCH. I did it last weekend and saw one vehicle in the first 5 miles up Mulholland. Beautiful drive, and fun. Map it out first as there’s a bit of a jog at a couple of points as Mulholland has a couple of closed sections. Easy to find your way around them though.

Zcd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Perf, Genesis GV60 Perf, Audi Q5 TDi
Country flag
Angeles Crest Hwy - great road with several side roads that are worth exploring as well!

Mt. Wilson Observatory is along ACH too and is worth a stop.

Friday mornings there’s the “Good Vibes Breakfast Club” cars and coffee gathering at the old Newcomb’s Ranch restaurant parking lot along ACH. Saw both a Porsche 959 AND a Porsche 907 last time I attended (!!!)

Last edited:

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG
I have to include Decker Canyon road (Google it and look at the pics, they tell the whole story) …. Last time was a long time ago now and did it in a convertible db9 and it was a blast. Better to come down from Thousand Oaks then return along PCH through Malibu for a slow ocean cruise …..

Reactions: Reg

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@Reg, I'd suggest Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles. Not much for views, but some exciting driving.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Definitely Angeles Crest Highway.

Lake Hughes Road is another one. Not much traffic either
Porsche Taycan Drives in LA? Screenshot_20240129_060304_Maps

I've been avoiding PCH in Malibu. After the deaths with people racing, the police have been posted up all over and giving tickets for everything, even for front window tint.
I've gotten 2 tickets there the last 2 times I've been.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Azusa Canyon, SR39, is another good drive. Smooth road, and good turn radius/speed. For the more popular routes like ACH, I'd plan to start your drive 30 min before sunrise if you want to have little to no traffic. Also makes for nice sunrise pics at your turnaround.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Azusa Canyon, SR39, is another good drive. Smooth road, and good turn radius/speed. For the more popular routes like ACH, I'd plan to start your drive 30 min before sunrise if you want to have little to no traffic. Also makes for nice sunrise pics at your turnaround.
I agree
Porsche Taycan Drives in LA? 20231230_130622
Porsche Taycan Drives in LA? 20231230_124316
Porsche Taycan Drives in LA? 20231230_130647