First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This one is a bit off the wall.

I have a little neuropathy in my toes and I know there are "special" driving shoes. Does anyone have any recommendations for especially comfortable and stylish shoes for driving?
Sponsored

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
so many choices......Piloti, Ferragamo, Tod’s.....to name 3 great ones off the top of my head.
If you like Moccasins, there’s Minnetonka. Clark’s, Puma and the list goes on....

Gurutum

First Name
Gurutum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bmw
Country flag
Driving is one of my favorite thing to do when I am stressed. I take my car and drive anywhere. I remember my unexpected trip to Italy. My job was stressful, and I had to go somewhere far away from work. I set everything, but I didn't have any comfortable shoes. I tried to buy driving shoes but returned them because I didn't feel good wearing them. My friend told me that forstepstyle.com could help me find a pair. My trip was successful, and I want to do it again with the same pair of shoes.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have three pairs of Piloti’s. They’re pretty nice but they’re not gonna solve foot issues, as driving shoes tend to be fairly snug.

Deleted member 6348

I have a bit er… uh… long haul/endurance performance road trip experience. In my 911, I once clocked in 17hrs of high speed driving in a single day across six states. It’s not unusual for me to do a 500+ mile day at 80s Cannonball run pace. I’m north of 50, ie middle aged.

What do I wear for driving?
  • Chuck Taylors or other flat “skate” shoes
  • Barefoot/minimalist shoes
  • Sparco racing shoes
Avoid shoes with hard squared off heels (dress shoes). Rounded heels are best and allow your ankle to pivot. Sock choice is highly underrated — it can make a huge difference. You want a sock that breathes so that your foot doesn’t sweat.

Personally, I have a strong preference for shoes that aren’t bulky (from my heel and toe days) that allow you to feel the pedals.

It sounds dumb, but the right shoes do make all of the difference for comfort on long trips.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Any recommendations for comfortable driving shoes for people with wide feet? Many companies seem to forget that we exist.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Any recommendations for comfortable driving shoes for people with wide feet? Many companies seem to forget that we exist.
Nordstrom 1901 driving loafer. I own multiple pairs - some red of course. :cool:

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I wear converse if I'm going to go for a spirited drive. Pretty minimalist so get decent pedal feel without a weird shape, grippy sole and the back of the heel has rubber, breathes ok (vs leather shoes sometimes), stays secure on my foot (sometimes loafers feel like they lift off the heel), and also importantly looks normal and can be used as regular walking shoes once you get to your destination

pdavison

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Velar, Harley Davidson Sportster
Country flag
Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 - thin sole and light

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Etnies skate shoes with Michelin soles!

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another one for Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66. Light, thin sole, stylish.
I have 6 pairs :cool:
Sponsored