Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
180 miles driving at average speed 58 mph returning 2.8 miles/kWh which I felt good on French motorway speed plus vat! 130 km/h +

The further north we got the figures dropped to 2.2.
I have only seen above 3.0 miles/kWh going downhill to Porsche centre, returning 4.0 mile/kWh!

Long term average is about 2.7 to 2.8. But that includes a lot of fast motorway driving and is ok. The charging networks in mainland Europe work really well and I estimated that there were HPC every 40 - 50 km on a 2000 km trip! And most of them returned stops less than 20 minutes.

Very pleasant to drive long distances through France, Netherlands! Germany and Denmark.
Quite a lot of competition amongst network starting to show, which is of a benefit for EV’s
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Ton of data in this thread (and others) if interested:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/baseline-for-hv-battery-soh-performance.12815/

- bottomline though is usage of course effected enormously by driving style (speed, distances, acceleration etc) amongst the usual host of other variables. Most of all easy to plan around and def not worth worrying about imo.

Below includes a rather 'unique' example of how you cannot over-react in particular to the car's 'Guessometer' predictions (and thus to some degree to Wh used) too in respect how it responds to your most recent trip/driving style - the chart records all my charging sessions and an associated calculated range prediction for Normal and Range modes (with AC off) since ownership).

My last trip to San Antonio provided again a somewhat 'unique' opportunity to record going fast (80-100 mph) continuously over a long distance (ca. 200 miles each way) with little to minimal slow/city driving on either end of the trips - basically went A to B and did no other driving during the visit as was walking around at destination. Needless to say the Guessometer on next charge at home freaked out :) - gradually recovering as my driving style returns to more of a norm :)

You can see the massive hit on calculated prediction ranges on far right of the chart after the sustained high speed, long distance test :)
Some of the text/data at bottom a month or more out of date - being updated.
Porsche Taycan Efficiency now that weather is warmer Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 9.09.37 AM

Another visualization of Wh used on every trip vs a calculated range prediction based on some oversimplified assumptions but again expect some major variance to say the least again largely in my case due to driving style as all other variables (temp., wheels, climate zone, elevation, etc. etc are near fixed):

Porsche Taycan Efficiency now that weather is warmer Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 8.39.33 AM

(Following text cut and pasted from linked thread above):
This chart uses reported kWh/100mi or energy used (Eu) in blue to calculate a predicted 100% battery charge (actaul 83.7 kWh) range (Rp) in green i.e. of course this assumes constant level of efficient/inefficient energy draw from the battery:

So Rp = (83.7/Eu) x 100

e.g. 37.7kWh (my latest Eu number) would give a calculated range of 222 mile range. This is 23.6 kWh per 100 km. A 60 kWh draw would give a range of 139 miles or in metric 37.5 kWh per 100 km.

This method of calcualting the range is of course biased towards extremely inefficient short trip data (based both on driving style and on my trip length-duration data). The predicted range data (green) calculated from the recorded per trip kWh’s used (blue) go from as low as 70 to a high of 250 miles with the bulk of the data between 160-220 miles. The longer range predictions here (230-250 miles) are clearly tied to the 10 or so longer (over 75 miles), more efficient trips and the chart just re-emphasizes that trip length and driving style have a fundamental control on any ‘predicted’ ranges whether based on the PCM post-charging calculation or as in this case derived from kWh per trip data and remaining capacity of the available 83.7 kWh battery.

The bulk of the ‘predicted’ ranges here are very low but these data must again be regarded as a more pessimistic use scenario i.e. they are based on scenarios which assume I would continue to drive very short distance/duration trips at low average speeds in Normal Mode with full AC for a full 83.7 kWh usage. The key point here being that you should not consider short trip derived range predictions as any useful indicator of your car’s ability to do far better during long range driving.

I can fairly confidently state that in my usage case that the combination of trip length and driving style are the principle variables controlling my range predictions vs impact of weather, terrain, load etc., as I have driven the car near 100% of the time with other parameters essentially fixed - they being:

AC on full,
21” wheels with summer performance tires
Texas low relief terrain (minimal elevation gains)
40:60 time between 1 vs 2 person load
Full seasonal cycle data
etc.

Overall my driving stlye can be described as ‘inefficient’ as I drive very ‘purposefully’ (not slow!), 90% in Normal/10% in Sport mode never using Range mode, always quick from a standstill, always with AC on, trip history dominated by short trips etc.

Gareth Swain

First Name
Gareth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST
Country flag
I can offer the following from early april. 4s on 20inch winter tyres.
journey was Les Arcs to Calais. 3.3mi/kWh was downhill
Porsche Taycan Efficiency now that weather is warmer 1E7671C7-56B4-4447-AE09-456530556531
Porsche Taycan Efficiency now that weather is warmer CAB73F72-625D-4262-969A-AC1D286A27C0
Porsche Taycan Efficiency now that weather is warmer E7BAC9A9-5117-4697-B4D4-17AC814D2736

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'm not in the UK, but in the USA. When I drove though the USA I was doing ~2.0 miles/KWh. Now that it has warmed up, I've reached 2.7miles/KWh on longer drives. My worst 85% SoC was 161 miles IIRC, best so far 198miles (which imputes 233 miles range for my Taycan). 2023 Taycan Turbo CT, 20" tires (used be winter, now all-season), heavy footed (on the accelerator, not brake) driver.

Pinballplanet

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Panamera ST eHybrid, 1983 928 S - 5 speed
Country flag
260 miles range lately. 2022 4S CT. I'm in southestern Pennsylvania (USA).
Sponsored