mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I took delivery of my Taycan 4S today after a 6 month wait, and among the 3 snafus was the following warning message on initial startup:

“Egress Warner not available - Service Necessary”

The Porsche pro, service advisor, service manager, general manager we’re all apologetic (although this should obviously have been detected and rectified during the PDI), the car was scanned, fault was cleared only to reappear during start-up.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Porsche Taycan Egress Warner A71B3F6A-223D-46CC-A7E7-E61607C344B2
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Its a feature that looks for cyclists or pedestrians passing by your car when you open the door. A red warning light flashes on the door – near where the seat position/lock/unlock buttons are and a buzzer sounds – to try and warn you not to swing open your door any wider.

This is part of the wider parking pack – at least in Ireland.

For some reason its throwing a fault code up on your car.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
So I took delivery of my Taycan 4S today after a 6 month wait, and among the 3 snafus was the following warning message on initial startup:

The Porsche pro, service advisor, service manager, general manager we’re all apologetic (although this should obviously have been detected and rectified during the PDI), the car was scanned, fault was cleared only to reappear during start-up.

A71B3F6A-223D-46CC-A7E7-E61607C344B2.jpeg
Did you get this figured out? I’m getting the same warning in my MY22 now too and I have no idea what is causing it.

The car has less than 200 miles on it, but I did have PPF put on immediately after I picked up the car. I’m assuming the warner uses the side mirror cameras, but those seem to be working just fine. I don’t have any issues with sensors either.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
It doesn't use the camera's – it uses the sensor's marked "C" in top image and "H" in bottom image.

Porsche Taycan Egress Warner Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 08.06.43

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

A71B3F6A-223D-46CC-A7E7-E61607C344B2.jpeg
This 'Exit Warning' is part of the remote park assist with lane change assist option and relies on the parking sensors (rear) to detect approaching vehicles, cyclists, motorcyclists etc should you open a door.

Porsche Taycan Egress Warner 1641809390025

As its a white informational message it should clear itself (orange may require some action and red most likely to require action). Vague I know but as you'll discover you'll get many false positive messages that automagically can clear on next start-up. Far from ideal but that seems to be a feature of all MY Taycans.

Issue could simply be due to dirt or moisture on one or more of the sensors - if the message hasn't cleared try cleaning each one (I'm assuming the car hasn't been wrapped either) to see if that helps. If not, then sadly it could well mean a trip to the dealers.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
It doesn't use the camera's – it uses the sensor's marked "C" in top image and "H" in bottom image.

Screenshot 2022-01-10 at 08.06.43.png
Thanks, good info. Sensor H seems to be hidden behind the rear bumper cover (no visible circular sonic sensor). My bumper isn't dirty but it was PPF wrapped (so far no impact to other sensors as far as I can tell).

Looks like I'll have to wait until more MY22 owners get PPF and see if that's the actual issue or if it's something else.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you get this figured out? I’m getting the same warning in my MY22 now too and I have no idea what is causing it.

The car has less than 200 miles on it, but I did have PPF put on immediately after I picked up the car. I’m assuming the warner uses the side mirror cameras, but those seem to be working just fine. I don’t have any issues with sensors either.
When I took delivery of my Taycan, there had been a puncture in the driver's front door panel. My dealership figured they would swap it for one off a car they had in-stock. The only problem was the donor car wasn't equipped with the "Egress Warner", and so the door panel itself was missing the wiring and egress warner alert light. I noticed the door panel had some small scuffs when I took delivery and demanded they order a new one. I'm glad I did, since the new panel had the egress warner components and the issue was resolved once the new proper panel was installed.

obscurelyfamous

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Chalk Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I took delivery of my Taycan, there had been a puncture in the driver's front door panel. My dealership figured they would swap it for one off a car they had in-stock. The only problem was the donor car wasn't equipped with the "Egress Warner", and so the door panel itself was missing the wiring and egress warner alert light. I noticed the door panel had some small scuffs when I took delivery and demanded they order a new one. I'm glad I did, since the new panel had the egress warner components and the issue was resolved once the new proper panel was installed.
Is this the interior door panel? Is there a way to distinguish between one with or without the warner light just by looking at it?

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
that sounds like a dealership fail (which they eventually made right). I would have imagined that they had checked compatibility and swapped out the internals. Curious, did they tell you up front or not? This will make me want to check the vin number on all the panels before taking delivery. I usually only do this on used cars.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is this the interior door panel? Is there a way to distinguish between one with or without the warner light just by looking at it?
There is an indicator light in the switch panel on the door between the memory button and the door lock / unlock. This flashes when you attempt to open the door along with the mirror indicators should there be an approaching road user. Not sure how this alters the actual panel unless there is wiring attached that is different.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
that sounds like a dealership fail (which they eventually made right). I would have imagined that they had checked compatibility and swapped out the internals. Curious, did they tell you up front or not? This will make me want to check the vin number on all the panels before taking delivery. I usually only do this on used cars.
The dealership tried to make it right, and did not tell me up front. I noticed the punctured panel before I took delivery and mentioned it to them. When I came to take delivery, while I was waiting I noticed the punctured panel on another Taycan on the lot. Delivery was a shit show because I noticed the egress warner message on the dash, and the dealer offered to have it checked while I waited - 2 hours - with no solution. I noticed the scuffed "new" panel and demanded they order me a new one.

OP
OP
mrdrummergoalie

mrdrummergoalie

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There is an indicator light in the switch panel on the door between the memory button and the door lock / unlock. This flashes when you attempt to open the door along with the mirror indicators should there be an approaching road user. Not sure how this alters the actual panel unless there is wiring attached that is different.
I assume the wiring for the egress warner in the panel was missing from the replacement panel without the warner, and the car sensed the lack of wire attachment and triggered the warning.

TigerTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Did anyone make any progress on this? Same thing is happening to me. I picked up my 22 4s yesterday and get the Egress warning every time I start the car. I also got ppf before picking up the car.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Did anyone make any progress on this? Same thing is happening to me. I picked up my 22 4s yesterday and get the Egress warning every time I start the car. I also got ppf before picking up the car.

Did you get the doors covered in PPF? Is so the installer would pull the door panel to remove the door handles. If this was done, it's possible they did not connect a connector on the wiring harness.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Did you get the doors covered in PPF? Is so the installer would pull the door panel to remove the door handles. If this was done, it's possible they did not connect a connector on the wiring harness.
I like this suggestion - I’ve PPF on front half and even had sensors on my painted fender arches also painted body color with no loss of function - but need to double check if my sensors have PPF over them or not!
Sponsored