tfurbay

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, BMW X5
Country flag
yes, that option has completely disappeared from my PCM now. It was there before and enabled, but now the whole menu item is gone, so nothing to enable or disable exists.
Porsche Taycan Electrify America problem after Update C9E51373-9A86-4A74-9C29-D13B4FE2028B

Porsche Taycan Electrify America problem after Update 9336291A-957F-4EBD-BC28-C96A84E3D67F

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
After my update chargers still recognize my car and will charge the battery but the status screen on the chargers does not advance to the one showing the charging progress and the buttons on the charger didn’t work. Sounds more like an EA problem than a Porsche problem.
I had the update earlier this week. Everything working great. I didn’t lose any settings and got the car back in one day as promised. The one thing I have noticed is that, like you, when I charged at EA plug and charge worked fine (always did) but the charger did not advance to the charging status screen. Just stayed on the payment authorized (or something like that screen). Strange.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I had the update earlier this week. Everything working great. I didn’t lose any settings and got the car back in one day as promised. The one thing I have noticed is that, like you, when I charged at EA plug and charge worked fine (always did) but the charger did not advance to the charging status screen. Just stayed on the payment authorized (or something like that screen). Strange.
EA must have a bug in the latest download. Pressing the continue button on the charger screen and then waiting for a minute or two and the progress screen eventually shows up.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
After my update I charged at an EA station and no issues with plug and play but when finished it would not let me disconnect. After messing with it for 10 minutes or so I called EA and they were able to get me unplugged. Other than that all is good!

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
After my update I charged at an EA station and no issues with plug and play but when finished it would not let me disconnect. After messing with it for 10 minutes or so I called EA and they were able to get me unplugged. Other than that all is good!
I had a couldn't get unplugged incident the other day. I'm compiling forum "solutions" for the problem of not getting unplugged. Can you share details about what was done by EA or you to finally get unplugged?

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had a couldn't get unplugged incident the other day. I'm compiling forum "solutions" for the problem of not getting unplugged. Can you share details about what was done by EA or you to finally get unplugged?
They told me the issue was on their end not the car. I am not sure if I created the issue or not. Normally when I hit 85% I stop charging from the car via the button in the charging door. This time I hit the stop button on the EA charging screen. When I did that I got a charging error message and could not release the plug from the car. When I called EA (they were great) she told me the charger is still in charging mode but it was not sending anything to the car. She had to stop the session from her end which let me unplug. Next time I will use the car to stop the charger.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
@JRNJTAYCAN After you hit the stop button on EA screen, did the EA screen show the message "Unplug Now" or something like that? The charging error message you got: was it on the EA screen, or was it an error message on the Taycan?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This thread is exactly why I haven't done any of the updates and don't plan on it until I absolutely have to, i.e., possibly at the two year service, though I'm still going to request that they not be done.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@JRNJTAYCAN After you hit the stop button on EA screen, did the EA screen show the message "Unplug Now" or something like that? The charging error message you got: was it on the EA screen, or was it an error message on the Taycan?
The EA screen showed the charging completed with all the charge information stuck on the EA screen, when that showed up my PCM lower battery screen said charging error.

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thread is exactly why I haven't done any of the updates and don't plan on it until I absolutely have to, i.e., possibly at the two year service, though I'm still going to request that they not be done.
I do not believe this had anything to do with the update. I would get the update!

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I went back to my favorite EA Charger today to see if Plug&Charge would work and everything went well with no problems! I checked all the personal settings I had prior to the update and all were still there, even my Homelink worked. I would recommend to not be afraid to schedule the update. I think the new look displays are awesome but like anything when they move your cheese it can be a little frustrating to find it, but when you do it becomes second nature to use!

stirthepot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
thanks, but as i said, the middle option is no longer there.

7BF4E082-D791-4EFB-A28A-6B4926D7C51D.jpeg
In case anyone else runs into this issue. A Factory Reset resolved the problem. Took 30 min to run the set up assistant and reenter my personal settings, but the plug & charge option is now correctly displayed in the charging options sub-menu again.