Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
Would love to hear your opinion. Next month my Taycan 4s CT is 2 years old. Porsche guarantee will end. Do I need the offered extended guarantee? Porsche asks for this approved guarantee 1577 euro for 1 year.
2653 euro for 2 years.
And 3858 euro for 3 years.
These days all modern cars are 6 to 8 years guaranteed when delivered.
Why pay so much for a Porsche?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just like you, my two years is up in a few months. I plan to buy the extended warranty (likely the 2 year option) as things can get expensive really fast if they break. Plus, the warranty covers the towing and a car as they fix it.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
It's unfortunate that warranty is so short in Europe. Are there 3rd party warranty providers in your countries? In my opinion you definitely should purchase extended warranty beyond 2 years if you plan on keeping the car. You may be able to negotiate in the cost - try getting quotes from more than one Porsche dealer, or third parties if available.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
The warranty is 4 years in Switzerland, but regardless if I still have the car then I will 100% take this up. 3 reasons:
  1. with my previous 911 which I drove big miles, the PDK had a problem and needed replacement. That was quoted as a CHF 25k job, for which I paid ZERO thanks for Porsche warranty. Thank god.
  2. shortly before that, I had a Cayenne Hybrid, which was 6 months out of warranty and had for the second time within 10 months a need for engine de-soot. I paid CHF 7k for what is a design defect, threatened litigation when it happened a second time 10 months later. once fixed I immediately sold the car.
  3. My Taycan CT is 18 months old, and it's been 4-5 times already in for warranty work; at least two of these would have been for expensive items; high voltage heater, defective charging port. I am already booked for a soon visit because of a "clicking noise" in the cabin (it's not a rattle) that they so far cannot identify.

Given my experience/scars above, and the rough start I've had with the Taycan (the 911 and the Cayenne were otherwise without major issues) there is exactly a zero percent chance I will be keeping the taycan without warranty. Not even sure I will keep it until the 4 year anniversary altogether because of these repeated issues

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
All write about warranty. It is not a guarantee, only an insurance. The price can not be negotiated. In contrast to my Panamera, this insurance is already extremely expensive. No wonder the insurance must also calculate.
I personally have not used it. But you can take it out later if known problems accumulate. I did the same with my Panamera.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
You can take it later but they will heavily inspect your Taycan and you must pay if there's something to fix and after you get the warranty.

If you plan driving the car a lot get the warranty. I used mine in my Panamera for replacing an expensive faulty air spring.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In the EU, 3 years is the minimum warranty period. Mine has 3 year warranty. How are you only getting 2 years?

And yeah, I'll probably look into extended warranty once I'm in the last year.

OP
OP
Dr.M.

Dr.M.

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, 911 4S cabrio
Country flag
In the EU, 3 years is the minimum warranty period. Mine has 3 year warranty. How are you only getting 2 years?

Good question. Will check.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

There is only a 2 year guarantee in France on Porsche cars. I believe the EU minimum is 2 years not 3?

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
There is only a 2 year guarantee in France on Porsche cars. I believe the EU minimum is 2 years not 3?
It changed last year. Now even wash machines have a 3 year warranty.

Edit: maybe a Portuguese thing

Porsche Taycan Extra guarantee needed? Screenshot_2023-05-21-14-19-11-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It changed last year. Now even wash machines have a 3 year warranty.

Edit: maybe a Portuguese thing
Yes I think it is local Portuguese requirement. It is good that You have full cover for 3 years. Surprised really that Porsche has such a short warranty period. Many other car companies have far longer cover.
Sponsored