BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I am sure that Porsche did not change it for the sake of visual change but instead figured out how to further lower the coefficient of drag with this change. Personally I prefer it but I understand why others would prefer the pre-2025 appearance.
the Rim doesn't look that good. Will be interesting to see if the Mission E rim will still be an option
Sponsored

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
We have far better pictures than that one. This one shows precisely what the front fascia looks like.

IMG_9085.jpeg
Again, this isn’t really the Taycan refresh. This is the GT prototype, because in every picture that car is black, has the sport fascia bumper, and DOES NOT have the updated headlights, which is what we’re looking at in this picture.

That’s a test car, and is probably not representative of what would come out as production on the GT model but was assembled/cobbed together of the existing Taycan starting some time ago.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
Per the Porsche press release we will be seeing the refreshed Taycan shortly; the exactly language from the Porsche press room yesterday was:

“The extensively revised Taycan will be presented in a few days.”

That fits in with two folks saying the official revised Taycan revealed is this coming Wednesday.

”.

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
On the Batteries Included podcast Kyle talked about the range test, it was before he recorded the epic one he posted on YT today, but he mentioned they he knew all about the refresh Taycan and can talk about it in a few days. So, I’d expect it this week for sure.

tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
is longer range mainly due to bigger battery? Issue there is longer charge times. Like battery same, but lower weight = longer range

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
is longer range mainly due to bigger battery? Issue there is longer charge times. Like battery same, but lower weight = longer range
Seems they have increased the charging rate as well up to 320 kW, so most likely shorter charging times with larger battery capacity!

chun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020, Cayman GT4
Country flag
Autocar says more details “imminently”.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-porsche-taycan-clocks-364-mile-range-332kw-charging

They claim to have seen an improved CarPlay (multi-screens), but were perhaps told but not shown sensor opening frunk, electric charge doors standard, and the self-rising height on ingress/egress. No actual information about the GT.
Would be curious if any of those carplay changes will come to older models. I can't see why they woudn't, as it all runs from the phone anyway

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would be curious if any of those carplay changes will come to older models. I can't see why they woudn't, as it all runs from the phone anyway
It will come down to whether Porsche can be bothered maintaining the odd software stack, which also runs on different hardware to the new Android Automotive version. The hardware in the new Macan and refreshed Taycan seems like it has significantly more horsepower, and that does play a role in whether it can keep up with the things like Maps in the HUD, instrument cluster, etc.

Charles2023

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
just heard it’s 7th Feb configurator change in the UK And reveal. Will wait and see what the prices and config is for the RWD Taycan to see if I keep my order deposit in or add to the 4S or maybe even add the £3k for deposit for the Macan.

i see from the latest videos including out of spec , sounds like overall 20% more range….with 15% more range from the battery size and assuming 5% more with the motors/CD value and software being better but again we shall see in a few days. I just hope they give all existing a tweak on the software and eat into the 11% buffer a little to give more range to existing. That will make a big statement.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've just been on the current configurator to download the build and spec pdf for my current car, for ease of comparison when the configurator gets updated for the facelift. No way I'm changing it, but I'm very curious to note all the changes.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've just been on the current configurator to download the build and spec pdf for my current car, for ease of comparison when the configurator gets updated for the facelift. No way I'm changing it, but I'm very curious to note all the changes.
Haha, yeah I did the same thing yesterday. Just the spec for the car I want as I don't have a Taycan yet.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I’m picking up a new to me ‘23 CT 4S on Feb 8 (great timing huh). Fully loaded…even the VLC roof…and CPO warranty until end of ‘29. It’s working out significantly cheaper than a new CT 4S. I keep it…..right? :facepalm: Either it’s that, or a base base base CT refresh. I knew I’d be facing this going in, but now that the time has come, ugh
Sponsored