WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I'm sure you meant the quip sarcastically, seeing how just having the model-designating emblem in black (a part made of, you know, black plastic) is an "Exclusive Manufaktur" option. It cheapens the (sub)brand a bit, and I think we're overdue a rebranding.
Indeed...but if we stump up for a Turbo model, that badge is upgraded to the enigmatic exotic material known as TURBONITE- a material that must have remarkable properties as it's also used for the seatbelts and wheels. (I could have sworn that it was the name of the baddies in an episode of Buck Rogers)
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Indeed...but if we stump up for a Turbo model, that badge is upgraded to the enigmatic exotic material known as TURBONITE- a material that must have remarkable properties as it's also used for the seatbelts and wheels. (I could have sworn that it was the name of the baddies in an episode of Buck Rogers)
It sounds adequately mean if you use the German pronunciation ("toohbo-nit").

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I was wondering about turbonite, anyone seen it in the flesh, is it more dark silver or gold, hoping the former. I've ordered a Turbo so need to decide to leave it or swap out to gloss black.

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I guess I jumped a few steps, because I think the Turbo styling actually looks really good. It's a bit edgier and scifi-esque than the old styling, which I think really works here. Especially at an angle.

iris.jpeg

I agree that the base styling is a step down, though. I don't hate it, but it's not as iconic as the original Taycan.
I agree 💯 with Perry! The new base models look very vanilla in my opinion. But that’s good for those that have the extra $$$ for the turbo to make it stand out. I love the original design language!
That was a missed opportunity in the original design to make the Turbo stand out but that was good for me. I was able to get a GTS with unique styling.
I wonder if they’ll do the same for the GTS with the new design language. Given the new performance bumps I am not sure how a GTS would fit into the product lineup though 🤔

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I wonder if they’ll do the same for the GTS with the new design language. Given the new performance bumps I am not sure how a GTS would fit into the product lineup though 🤔
There's a 1 second 0-62 and 340 PS (with max boost) gap between the Turbo and the 4S with PB to be bridged, and the new rear motor might allow even more rear bias for the GTS.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I saw those stock photos, looks like a nice dark silver however the 360 view within the configurator makes it look gold. One I need to see in real life, however I don’t think it has arrived on any cars yet.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
I agree 💯 with Perry! The new base models look very vanilla in my opinion. But that’s good for those that have the extra $$$ for the turbo to make it stand out. I love the original design language!
That was a missed opportunity in the original design to make the Turbo stand out but that was good for me. I was able to get a GTS with unique styling.
I think GTS will be announced later, perfect moment for Porsche for some extra attention in the news. Also the only way to have a ST in North America. I also think the GTS and GT will be released together with more track focussed software tweaks and of course new sporty front facia to stand out

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I saw those stock photos, looks like a nice dark silver however the 360 view within the configurator makes it look gold. One I need to see in real life, however I don’t think it has arrived on any cars yet.
Yes to all of that. Have you seen this PR info article?
"...modernized Porsche crest, which is distinguished by the new Turbonite color, rather than gold. The designers developed this elegant metallic grey tone especially for the Turbo variants...
Gold elements create an elegant, metallizing effect, with the top layer in a contrasting satin finish."
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/...new-Turbo-exclusive-crest-and-trim-34381.html

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes to all of that. Have you seen this PR info article?
"...modernized Porsche crest, which is distinguished by the new Turbonite color, rather than gold. The designers developed this elegant metallic grey tone especially for the Turbo variants...
Gold elements create an elegant, metallizing effect, with the top layer in a contrasting satin finish."
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en_US/...new-Turbo-exclusive-crest-and-trim-34381.html
What's ironic is it looks to me like the colorless wheel center caps I have to pay less money to get on my Porsche, not more.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Also weird re. Turbonite is its use in the interior, given all the fuss about it being introduced to make the Turbos more distinctive- it's included in the default black interior as contrast stitching, seatbelts and accents (the ones that would otherwise be in Darksilver etc.)- but choose any other leather interior and the only item that remains Turbonite is the steering wheel crest, and no option to add it back in on anything else.

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Setting aside judgement on what version looks better. I'm leaning toward the explanation that this was done to create exclusivity between the trims. It's interesting that on the base, 4 or the 4S you can't option a sport design package to create the look of the turbo or turbo s even if you wanted to. I expect that's intentional. A bit harder to create trim differences with EVs in some sense because they all feel pretty damn quick and, at least in the Taycan's case, have that same sport sound. Maybe that helps explain the forging of this new and exotic turbonite material that I didn't know I needed in my life but now potentially need, lol. I'll be interested to see where the GTS falls in the mix. Will it have its own distinct front or will it have the base facia with the ability to upgrade to the turbo/turbo s front via a sports design package? The answer is obviously whichever makes Porsche the most money!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Every 0.01 Coefficient of Drag reduction translates to better range. The 2025 Taycans are have a reduction in CD in every model of at least 0.01.

The comments above about “change for the sake of change” are factually wrong. Does not every one of us want greater range.
So which front end is more efficient, Turbo or base?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Maybe they were supposed to be, but engineering did not meet the schedule, so those wings became just plugs instead?
Or maybe it will be active aero for GTS and GT and Turbo needs to have the same 'speedy' look
Sponsored