Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Two different pedals. "Standard" for Turbo and Turbo S are stainless steel edge whereas the paid option which is also optional on both models are aluminium.

I kept the standard pedals that came with my Turbo S as they are more rubber faced than the optioned aluminium where they are more metal faced. Selecting the option on the config clearly show them as two different pedals.
Yes. This is what I talk about exactly.
Sponsored

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Clicking on the 'i' a bit confusing because pic shows the inner 'Einleger Seitenschweller' so drove me wrong thinking GTS deletion is there where the pic shows.
It's simply the wrong picture. When you click the option it clearly removes the "GTS" on the sideskirts.

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild gts_sideskirts

OP
OP
Bognar67

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's simply the wrong picture. When you click the option it clearly removes the "GTS" on the sideskirts.

gts_sideskirts.jpg
Yes now it is cleared but too many wrong things around Porsche nowadays.
They have a whole department full timers just for the configurators.
Should run everything smoothly.
With my previous orders I have never seen things like this.
They should click on all the options and info buttons for check and would see everything.

Last edited:

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild PXL_20220214_121354030
Just popped into my local dealer for a look at this newly arrived GTS ST. Frozen Blue is actually class in real life...
Edit: This photo is actually quite an accurate representation.

Last edited:

Alias

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Just had my first test drive of the GTS ST at my dealer.

It was well equipped, including PDCC, and I'm impressed with the flat cornering, but haven't driven other Taycans sufficiently at speed to comment on the difference.

Power-wise it felt more enthusiastic and eager to work throughout the range than the 4S's I've driven before, and a touch more rear-biased. But again, I haven't driven the 4S enough to say for sure.

I found the electric sports sound to be slightly underwhelming in terms of difference to the other models. Felt it was a bit more pronounced during dynamic driving, similar to @Bognar67, but not sure I would have noticed the difference to a CT if I had not known there was one.

The GTS RaceTex in crayon looked great, and in my eyes not overdone as I thought it would be (early comments on excessive RaceTex "everywhere" was one of the reasons I chose leather interior).

Oddly enough, this demo car also lacked the GTS logo on the side skirts. Dealer suggested it was deleted in their setup, but I find that to be an odd choice for a GTS demo (without the sports design package).

Sadly, it also had the standard pedals without aluminum framing.

Finally, I also got confirmation today in the app that production has finished for my GTS ST, so hopefully will arrive in Norway within 3-4 weeks ?

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche Stevens Creek in Santa Clara CA as of this week has 2x GTS listed as "incoming" on their new vehicle inventory. Looking forward to hopefully seeing it in person.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Just had my first test drive of the GTS ST at my dealer.

It was well equipped, including PDCC, and I'm impressed with the flat cornering, but haven't driven other Taycans sufficiently at speed to comment on the difference.

Power-wise it felt more enthusiastic and eager to work throughout the range than the 4S's I've driven before, and a touch more rear-biased. But again, I haven't driven the 4S enough to say for sure.

I found the electric sports sound to be slightly underwhelming in terms of difference to the other models. Felt it was a bit more pronounced during dynamic driving, similar to @Bognar67, but not sure I would have noticed the difference to a CT if I had not known there was one.

The GTS RaceTex in crayon looked great, and in my eyes not overdone as I thought it would be (early comments on excessive RaceTex "everywhere" was one of the reasons I chose leather interior).

Oddly enough, this demo car also lacked the GTS logo on the side skirts. Dealer suggested it was deleted in their setup, but I find that to be an odd choice for a GTS demo (without the sports design package).

Sadly, it also had the standard pedals without aluminum framing.

Finally, I also got confirmation today in the app that production has finished for my GTS ST, so hopefully will arrive in Norway within 3-4 weeks ?
I'm trying to arrange for a GTS test drive, but sat in a demo GTS ST last weekend, in a UK dealership. The Race-Tex (standard/black) is nice, but I'm not choosing it for mine as it's my DD. I felt Race-Tex is more aimed at those who will be doing track driving a lot, and for insurance and therefore resale reasons, I will be keeping mine on the road. Leather also "feels" more premium.

The pedals is an odd one. In the configurator, the standard pedals look like they have an aluminium trim.

However, the demo I sat in, the one you mention and others in this thread who have come across a GTS - the pedals are full rubber/black.

it seems no dealer can explain why, unless it's an oversight on the configurator.

Porsche Taycan First GTS Sport Turismo Taycan in the wild 1645196203842

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The pedals is an odd one. In the configurator, the standard pedals look like they have an aluminium trim.

However, the demo I sat in, the one you mention and others in this thread who have come across a GTS - the pedals are full rubber/black.

it seems no dealer can explain why, unless it's an oversight on the configurator.

1645196203842.png
An interesting discrepancy.
In the configurator, the GTS has the same pedals as the Turbo, listed in the "standard features" as "Pedal pad edges in stainless steel".

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I'm trying to arrange for a GTS test drive, but sat in a demo GTS ST last weekend, in a UK dealership. The Race-Tex (standard/black) is nice, but I'm not choosing it for mine as it's my DD. I felt Race-Tex is more aimed at those who will be doing track driving a lot, and for insurance and therefore resale reasons, I will be keeping mine on the road. Leather also "feels" more premium.

1645196203842.png
I wonder if the dealer demos currently in the showrooms are slightly different spec wise.

As another example, I think they all seem to have prep' for rear seat entertainment (spring loaded flaps in the seat backs)....but I didn't see that on the configurator at all. I was pinged the spec link for a demonstrator and when it loaded up it noted this option was being removed and the option was tagged "launch edition" or similar.

I also don't recall seeing coloured icons in the PCM, so suspect that update hadn't made it onto the car I saw. But wasn't especially looking out for it so who knows.

OP
OP
Bognar67

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I wonder if the dealer demos currently in the showrooms are slightly different spec wise.

As another example, I think they all seem to have prep' for rear seat entertainment (spring loaded flaps in the seat backs)....but I didn't see that on the configurator at all. I was pinged the spec link for a demonstrator and when it loaded up it noted this option was being removed and the option was tagged "launch edition" or similar.

I also don't recall seeing coloured icons in the PCM, so suspect that update hadn't made it onto the car I saw. But wasn't especially looking out for it so who knows.
Right, I also believe these first cars have been sent to the dealers as demos are 'launch' specced. Not only because of the missing metal pedal edges, but the missing GTS logos from the skirts. I understand it is the case with carbon package, and it is possible to delete, but that is more than accidentally all the cars are GTS deleted on the skirts we have seen up to now.
Who would delete it directly on the first GTS examples...

My dealer's had 4 GTS cars at the same time, none of them carbon package but all without GTS on skirts and basic pedals.

Dealer informed, they could configure the cars partially blind , choose color, and some other basic things only. GTS package was a must.
They have no idea about the pedals and skirts too.

Will need to get the first customized GTS cars, that is in my case on week 19 production, one week time (delay) in 'Exclusive Manufaktur' shop.
Transportation is week 21, delivery week 22.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine is on track for handover to me March 22nd.

I can’t wait and I’ll keep you posted.
A request for you since you're quite early on.

Can you please find a way using an OBDII or GPS unit to measure the 0-60mph/0-100kph time? I have spent some effort to estimate these things but I'm dying to know the real numbers given that the GTS' quoted 3.5 second 0-60mph is slower than real world 4S 0-60mph in tests.

Cheers and big congratulations on your upcoming delivery, cannot f$%king wait for mine to arrive stateside in October!
Sponsored