First Long Trip in 2020 4S - Pleasantly Surprised

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I took my first long trip in my 2020 4S. The car has PB+, Tech and Performance Packages and 20" Turbo Wheels.

Since I have not taken any really long trips, I have always wondered how close the range estimate would end up being for me, since I have heard a variety of things. I direct charged the night before to get my charge to 100%, which resulted in the car showing 295 miles of range. I then proceeded to drive 85 miles in the early morning to my destination. Much to my surprise, my car showed 205 miles remaining at my destination, which is very close to the original range estimate! Very please.

It is approximately 90 miles on the way back in the evening, so I’ll update this thread if it is meaningfully different.
Sponsored

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
My experience is that if the goal is to maximize range, then the GOM will treat you well in terms of accuracy 👍

OP
OP

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
That’s just it. I didn’t change anything. No range mode, no Innodrive/cruise control. I drove over 75 miles an hour (sometimes over 80) when I could (which wasn’t that often, admittedly) just to see what the result would be.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s just it. I didn’t change anything. No range mode, no Innodrive/cruise control. I drove over 75 miles an hour (sometimes over 80) when I could (which wasn’t that often, admittedly) just to see what the result would be.
Hot ambient air temp is your friend ;-)
Sponsored