First Porsche - Order to Delivery Journal

Msbooth74

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche GT3, Range Rover, Taycan CT (on order)
Country flag
It looks like what Porsche Wolverhampton have said was pretty spot on in terms of dates etc from looking back at your first post. What I find bemusing is how my journey differed to yours, given we are both collecting next week, given we have ordered the same model of car. I ordered in December 21, with an expectation Oct/November 22 at order. Allocation given in July 22 with a build slot late November. The dates constantly going back etc. I understand the roulette of the waiting list at the dealers but there appears to be no logic in the process from allocation to build either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
It looks like what Porsche Wolverhampton have said was pretty spot on in terms of dates etc from looking back at your first post. What I find bemusing is how my journey differed to yours, given we are both collecting next week, given we have ordered the same model of car. I ordered in December 21, with an expectation Oct/November 22 at order. Allocation given in July 22 with a build slot late November. The dates constantly going back etc. I understand the roulette of the waiting list at the dealers but there appears to be no logic in the process from allocation to build either.
I visited Porsche Wolverhampton to view all the different colours as they had a whole range of Taycans sat there… I didn’t order from them.

No idea either on the allocation to build process and the different timelines, did your dealer give you any reason for the delays?

Msbooth74

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche GT3, Range Rover, Taycan CT (on order)
Country flag
I visited Porsche Wolverhampton to view all the different colours as they had a whole range of Taycans sat there… I didn’t order from them.

No idea either on the allocation to build process and the different timelines, did your dealer give you any reason for the delays?
None what so ever, I don’t think they know. My car is coming from Porsche Solihull.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
None what so ever, I don’t think they know. My car is coming from Porsche Solihull.
I did visit Solihull once but just for a nosey around their stock. Sutton Coldfield here.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Today’s update… spoke to the SA and the car is delayed a week with a new eta to the dealer of 3rd March 😩

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Today’s update… spoke to the SA and the car is delayed a week with a new eta to the dealer of 3rd March 😩
Think yourself lucky - I spoke to my SA today and I was told of a further 4+ week delay for my car.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Just had a call from the SA and collection is booked for Wednesday… I just hope it passes PDI 🤞🏼

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Myporsche updated to phase 4 this morning... along with production photos :)
I went into Phase 4 on 2/28 but no pictures yet. Did they email them or did you find them in my.porsche.com? If the later where are they hiding?

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Got a message from the dealer this morning asking if I wanted to collect today… and I sure did! Not long back from the dealer, it’s amazing! Almost 11 months since placing the deposit and it’s finally here.

Seeing the exact spec and colour combination has totally wow’d me, it’s stunning! I will get some pictures taken over the next day or so.

OP
OP
Juniorp72

Juniorp72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S due March 2023
Country flag
Sadly you won't get the electric steering column, it has said that on all the recent 4S CT deliveries not none of us got it 😢
To confirm it did not come with the electric steering column but I can confirm it does have Bose.