OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should be happily surprised if it’s a 2022 delivery and expect 2023.
Sponsored

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
My dealer in Belgium says build starts September 28 and delivery end October :/
He says all hiccups are already included.
yeah I don’t trust it but I have hope :(

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should be happily surprised if it’s a 2022 delivery and expect 2023.
Yeah we'll just have to stay posted. Port workers are supposed to have another meeting on 8/22 so that may dictate how the port situation goes. Don't know about the 12v battery situation

thinkbusiness

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My dealer in Belgium says build starts September 28 and delivery end October :/
He says all hiccups are already included.
yeah I don’t trust it but I have hope :(
do ask him about Bose if you selected it. There appears to be a shortage. People who have ordered an Macan are also seeing delivery being pushed back because of it.

Manyana

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
, 718 Spyder, Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
It seems that EU and USA have a much shorter order to delivery time frame. Here in OZ I ordered my CT 4S in February this year with a schedule delivery June next year!

OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
My delivery date has already been pushed back to late November (due to 12V battery and port strike.)

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
When's your lock date? That turnaround time is too quick. Lmao, are you sure he didn't say November of 2023? FYI, My car was CP8.0 on 7/4/2022. It still hasn't been shipped. I'm located in California.

OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
When's your lock date? That turnaround time is too quick. Lmao, are you sure he didn't say November of 2023? FYI, My car was CP8.0 on 7/4/2022. It still hasn't been shipped. I'm located in California.
My lock date moved a few times. It was originally late August and slowly moved to mid-September. It says it’s locked now.

My guess is that there is a huge parkinh lot of completed vehicles awaiting 12 V batteries and transportation. I highly doubt all that will be resolved in time for me to have a 2022 delivery.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
Just to provide a quick update, the status was updated to “production complete” on October 31st and it is in transit to the port. I’m guessing now is when “unexpected” delays are to be expected.

OP
OP

Electron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, Audi
Country flag
Final update, it’s been processed at the port of Jacksonville today and will be picked up at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta the second week of January. This process went faster than anticipated given the delays others have experienced. Hopefully most of the supply chain issues are now behind us.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Final update, it’s ben processed at the port of Jacksonville today and will be picked up at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta the second week of January. This process went faster than anticipated given the delays others have experienced. Hopefully most of the supply chain issues are now behind us.
Good news for you but the supply issues are far from being behind us. Depending on variant selected Bose, Burmester Mission E, PCCB brakes, others are a challenge and removed as options.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Congratulations!

We ordered a Taycan Turbo August 17...one day after the new tax credit went into effect. We still haven't gotten a lock date, and in fact made a minor configuration change last week.

I know others have waited longer than us, but it's interesting to read about someone placing an order at roughly the same time we did, and taking delivery in a couple weeks, while we haven't even reached a lock date yet.

ssim

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4 RS; Panamera 4S; Cayenne E-Hybrid
Country flag
Congratulations!

We ordered a Taycan Turbo August 17...one day after the new tax credit went into effect. We still haven't gotten a lock date, and in fact made a minor configuration change last week.

I know others have waited longer than us, but it's interesting to read about someone placing an order at roughly the same time we did, and taking delivery in a couple weeks, while we haven't even reached a lock date yet.
Ordered in August and it hasn't locked yet? Very odd.

Are you sure it's a real allocation and not an order demand? You have TYD access?

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Ordered in August and it hasn't locked yet? Very odd.

Are you sure it's a real allocation and not an order demand? You have TYD access?
The dealer said they had an allocation. Paperwork says "order" on it. I haven't seen anything about TYD.
Sponsored