OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
I lived in the Bay Area for 15 years, and I have also lived in various locations in the Midwest and the East Coast. I would say that the Bay Area generally has above-average freeways and highways from a potential wheel damage perspective, while there are individual towns (even high-end towns) with some unusually horrible local roads. But you really do not know bad roads until you have spent some time on the East Coast, particularly the New York City metropolitan area. You can be on a smooth road and feel good, and suddenly run into a horrible pothole. I've replaced multiple wheels and tires since I have moved here, whereas in the Bay Area merely had to tolerate the occasional damage that allows continued driving.
I have no issue with the freeways and highways in CA, its the local roads. So I guess people in NY should get 19's so :)
Sponsored

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Awesome OP!

@feye My car is very confused by hills, if that's what you're getting at. It auto holds but then it's confused when to allow me to accelerate and when to auto brake, so it gets a bit jerky. Basically it re-engages auto hold whenever I let off the accelerator, which gets awkward.

Reversing up a hill was an uh.. embarrassing experience with people watching. Reminded me of the first time I had to stop a manual on a hill and then stalled it multiple times with people honking at me.
Interesting settings from Porsche at the factory.

I’ve driven my Volvo V60 Polestar up and down the hill from my house for four years. Every once in a while if I’m booking it, the collision warning lights come on.

in the 4S, the lights and brakes come on together much more frequently. Not a happy experience to violently brake.

I do need to read the dang manual, hope its just a setting.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Interesting settings from Porsche at the factory.

I’ve driven my Volvo V60 Polestar up and down the hill from my house for four years. Every once in a while if I’m booking it, the collision warning lights come on.

in the 4S, the lights and brakes come on together much more frequently. Not a happy experience to violently brake.

I do need to read the dang manual, hope its just a setting.
I also need to switch off the parking assist, all the beeping while driving in dense rush hour traffic is driving me nuts!

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It may be wise, but I couldn’t. I went with the 20s.
As it happens I went with 21" wheels since that was what the car I was looking at had.

They provide a surprisingly good ride on all kinds of roads, with the only risk being wheel damage when too close to curbs :crying:

Plus, I think they look awesome!
Sponsored

Last edited: