FoD brilliant - Power Steering Plus a must have!

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
I’ve just had a look at the Connect Store - this offer runs out today!

2021/11/26 to 2021/12/05: use the code BLACKFRIDAY21 to get 21% off a Function on Demand booking valid for an unlimited time period.
Thanks just used this to purchase.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I’ve just had a look at the Connect Store - this offer runs out today!

2021/11/26 to 2021/12/05: use the code BLACKFRIDAY21 to get 21% off a Function on Demand booking valid for an unlimited time period.
darn, I was planning to activate ALK later this month but just checked when I saw your deal. Not seeing any promotion here in the US. Furthermore I don't even see a place to enter in a discount code on the US store.

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi,
I purchased this add-on many months ago and then it took many months before I was invoiced. I cannot tell any difference which makes me think it has not actually applied to the car. The dealership log into the connect website and say it is applied and not interested in looking any deeper.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine if the option has been switched on in the car?
Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,
I purchased this add-on many months ago and then it took many months before I was invoiced. I cannot tell any difference which makes me think it has not actually applied to the car. The dealership log into the connect website and say it is applied and not interested in looking any deeper.

Does anyone know if there is a way to determine if the option has been switched on in the car?
Thanks
No way of telling in PCM. You should feel a difference though - switching from Normal to Sport will be an instant tell tale (normally) as the steering will immediately stiffen (at any speed). Try that.

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
It was immediately noticeable when it was applied - parking speed steering was very noticeably lighter.

Mine went on by the next morning - was billed on the same day and the car beeped when I got in the next day with a notice to say "function applied"

Eddie

First Name
Arron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It was immediately noticeable when it was applied - parking speed steering was very noticeably lighter.

Mine went on by the next morning - was billed on the same day and the car beeped when I got in the next day with a notice to say "function applied"
Thank you for your replies. I thought that would be the case. The steering is the same as the day the car was delivered and never changes from being heavy.

Oh joy - now to convince the dealership that the update has not been applied. It may be easier to convince my brick wall.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you for your replies. I thought that would be the case. The steering is the same as the day the car was delivered and never changes from being heavy.

Oh joy - now to convince the dealership that the update has not been applied. It may be easier to convince my brick wall.
Insist they run diagnostics to confirm the current specification of the car - if you have to, tell them that your Power Steering Plus is not working properly.

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
Hi,

Thanks
Exactly the same with me!

I cannot notice any difference whatsoever. Literally none. I will be asking the dealer to check when my car goes in to have the PCM replaced.
Sponsored