FoD brilliant - Power Steering Plus a must have!

Peter Kelly

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 2S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
All

I spec'd my car well. 4S now a year old. I didn't tick Power Steering Plus though.

Just got it via FoD - and now tried it.

Absolutely terrific - changes the car completely at low speed and much better in my work car park now.

So I would get it, not as a luxury but a must. It should be standard as it is in the States as I understand it.

Rgds

Peter
Sponsored

WoKe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 P8 & Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Just out of curiosity ... what is the cost when you get it through FOD?
And is it a one-time-off or a recurring cost?

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Great to hear, glad I ticked that box, mainly for the work car park ?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
All

I spec'd my car well. 4S now a year old. I didn't tick Power Steering Plus though.

Just got it via FoD - and now tried it.

Absolutely terrific - changes the car completely at low speed and much better in my work car park now.

So I would get it, not as a luxury but a must. It should be standard as it is in the States as I understand it.

Rgds

Peter
what are the actual benefits that this feature provide?

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Just out of curiosity ... what is the cost when you get it through FOD?
And is it a one-time-off or a recurring cost?
Interested to hear too

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Speed sensitive steering - been an option on Porsches for literally years. Steering weight is more pronounced at speed to aid stability and confidence. Less weight at low speed thereby making manoeuvres easier.

BMW called it Servotronic back in the day.

Not a technical revelation but I would always tick the box.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
If you choose Power Steering Plus in a new car there is no option to turn it on/off in any of the PCM configuration screens. Just wondering, if you FOD it in after purchase, does it also just become available all the time, or is it configurable in the PCM?

T4SEM

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I ordered as function on demand - I don’t think there is an on off toggle but will have a look later. (If there was it would be ideal as my wife finds the standard a bit heavy)

I have a different view on it to others. It’s very light at parking speeds but doest seem to weight up quickly enough as speed increases for my preference. My impression is it’s still lighter than standard at 40/50 mph. I prefer standard and have cancelled.

cancel Within 14 days you can get s full refund and on the phone Porsche did suggest they would refund up to 28 days from ordering a FOD.

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
I did the same, purchased, didn’t like it at all so cancelled after a week of use. Just felt odd at mid speeds on all settings to me.

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I’ve just had a look at the Connect Store - this offer runs out today!

2021/11/26 to 2021/12/05: use the code BLACKFRIDAY21 to get 21% off a Function on Demand booking valid for an unlimited time period.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ordered as function on demand - I don’t think there is an on off toggle but will have a look later. (If there was it would be ideal as my wife finds the standard a bit heavy)

I have a different view on it to others. It’s very light at parking speeds but doest seem to weight up quickly enough as speed increases for my preference. My impression is it’s still lighter than standard at 40/50 mph. I prefer standard and have cancelled.

cancel Within 14 days you can get s full refund and on the phone Porsche did suggest they would refund up to 28 days from ordering a FOD.
That's useful, as I find the standard steering too light if anything (at all speeds) and definitely wouldn't want it any lighter.

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Just test driven CT 4S without steering plus and compared to my Macan which has steering plus Taycan was much heavier which to be honest I really liked. It felt more like 911 to me.
the thing is you cannot take rear wheel steering without steering plus in my country so that’s a bummer.
Sponsored