daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
Those who have an HUD would you built your car differently given the clean lines the dash has without one? I have optioned mine with the HUD and am wondering is anyone has any suggestions or would do it different as seems the dash looks more futuristic without it as it is like a floating glass.
Sponsored

ThumbsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan Turbo S; ‘20 Taycan Turbo (gone)
Country flag
I didn’t have it on my previous Taycan, but now do. Looks fine to me. No regrets.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Those who have an HUD would you built your car differently given the clean lines the dash has without one? I have optioned mine with the HUD and am wondering is anyone has any suggestions or would do it different as seems the dash looks more futuristic without it as it is like a floating glass.
Having driven with a HUD in Germany on receipt and for last 5 years in my M4 I can honesty say I won't now buy a car w/o it - just that useful to me. The utility far exceeds any cosmetic concerns with the dash.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
I actually think the dash looks better with the HUD. I really like having this option.

Erez123

First Name
Erez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Panamera GTS
Country flag
Looks better, and would never now spec without it. Actually waited for the next MY for this feature, and so glad I did!

andrewh3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I personally do not perceive any cosmetic issues with the HUD. My care has it and I personally use it all the time. I could live without (deal on a care in the showroom), but would include if I was ordering a car to my own specification. Many seem to not find it that useful, so might be worth checking for yourself on a test drive.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've got it too and its pretty handy, especially when you configure the HUD to display navigation instructions. I find it keeps you focused on the matter at hand, driving.. One thing to be aware of though is that if you wear polarized sunglasses, the whole kit and kaboodle disappears.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I optioned without HUD for the same reasons you are referring to. I like HUDs and think they are cool and useful, and might help focus on the road, but I don't feel like I am missing it when driving my car. Also I wear polarized glasses a lot which basically block it out.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
It's used 100% of the time, every time I drive. Using it is effortless and absolutely natural. The dash is drop-dead gorgeous, from the instrument cluster to the passenger display. The cluster still looms stylishly. To my eye, the Taycan interior immediately shouts design excellence, and having used mine for a variety of tasks, it has proven to be rock solid while on duty, too. The HUD is consistent with that.

Taycan's HUD exceeds my expectations, which were already high enough when I ordered it.

Ditch the polarized glasses, and get the HUD.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I used to have it in my previous BMW 640i GC and I loved it. In this Tyacan I don't have it and I really don't need it, The map in the middle is very helpful and the cluster board is right in front of my visual access. If you have HUD optioned in just keep it and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: sfr

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Eh it’s low on the list for me. I do personally like cluster more without it but that’s just pref. I would probably get it if it’s in a package I’m getting but wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

Reactions: sfr

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
I have the option with no regrets. I find it very useful - nav, speed, posted speed. Brightness settings can mitigate polarized sunglasses issue to a degree. Aesthetics of dash looks just fine.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
+1 for the positive comments above. I've barely even noticed the dash factory mod where the HUD exists, I would have to actively look for it. Not an issue.

Although I wasn't a fan of HUD before (my 4S is the first vehicle to have it) I have grown to like it a lot. Especially with speed monitoring in city areas with speed radar traps, helps remind me of my current velocity (and my lead foot).

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Love it. At speed (which the Taycan does very well) it’s Super helpful not to have to look at the dash
Sponsored