Freeze date is tomorrow and I need your help please! Taycan 4s Build

lastsun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GLE 53 AMG
Country flag
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and was originally going to buy 992 but decided to switch to Taycan 4s because my dealer had an allocation.

The freeze date is tomorrow and I am not familiar with the Taycan platform and I need advice on the build.

My Porsche Code is PN6U5ET8 and my main questions are 1. is the premium/performance package worth it? 2. is the beige seatbelt the same color as the neodyme interior accents? 3. Do I need to add anything from E-mobility options?

General advice on the build is appreciated

Thank you all in advance!
Sponsored

mas_gts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
n/a
Country flag
Looks like a solid build.

I would consider Rear Axle Steering (and PAS) over HUD for example.

What about the Rear 2+1 seat option? Might be useful for resale?

Some would suggest getting the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger from E-Mobility in case future use of Tesla Super Chargers becomes an option.

Can't comment on the premium/performance packages as unfortunately we don't have them here in the UK.

Best of luck!

Reactions: B61

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think you will be saving money by selecting Premium package and you get Bose and storage; seem like a no-brained to me…

Pete C

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wheels, brakes and passanger display is a waste of a lot of money. I got passanger display but never use it. Go for after market wheels, makes your Taycan special.

Last edited:

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Hey everyone, I am new to this forum and was originally going to buy 992 but decided to switch to Taycan 4s because my dealer had an allocation.

The freeze date is tomorrow and I am not familiar with the Taycan platform and I need advice on the build.

My Porsche Code is PN6U5ET8 and my main questions are 1. is the premium/performance package worth it? 2. is the beige seatbelt the same color as the neodyme interior accents? 3. Do I need to add anything from E-mobility options?

General advice on the build is appreciated

Thank you all in advance!
My 2 cents: I did not need most of the premium package (except the sound system), but included it for resale purposes. My dealer advised me to order the 150kW/400V DC charger. The reason is that Tesla will eventually allow it's supercharger network to be universally used (there is a trial of this in the Netherlands currently) and apparently if you dont order that option, you can't use Tesla's superchargers (per dealer - pls correct me if I'm wrong here). Hope this helps

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My 2 cents: I did not need most of the premium package (except the sound system), but included it for resale purposes. My dealer advised me to order the 150kW/400V DC charger. The reason is that Tesla will eventually allow it's supercharger network to be universally used (there is a trial of this in the Netherlands currently) and apparently if you dont order that option, you can't use Tesla's superchargers (per dealer - pls correct me if I'm wrong here). Hope this helps
The Taycan will still be able to charge at superchargers without the option, but it will be limited to 50kw.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree. I have HUD and it's very poorly implemented on the Taycan. I find it distracting and the position is too high. It's one of the few options I regret, the other is passenger display which has been virtually unused.

RAS is a must for maneuverability, the taycan is a monster of a car (essentially same size as a ranger rover) and the size is apparent when you're in a parking garage.

Light coloured seat belts look great but they get incredibly dirty and grimy after a few years, I would avoid it.

Given your car is white, I would 100% recommend specing the side mirrors in body colour or high gloss black. The standard mirror is half plastic and looks particularly bad with light coloured cars. Also as you're into the black/white theme, you can get the door sills in black as a no cost option.

PSCB or any brake upgrade is a bit of a waste in the taycan as 90% of braking will be done via regen. Spend that money on leather upgrade, at least that's something you'll touch everyday.

All just my personal preference of course.

Last edited:

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I agree. I have HUD and it's very poorly implemented on the Taycan. I find it distracting and the position is too high. It's one of the few options I regret, the other is passenger display which has been virtually unused.

RAS is a must for maneuverability, the taycan is a monster of a car (essentially same size as a ranger rover) and the size is apparent when you're in a parking garage.

Light coloured seat belts look great but they get incredibly dirty and grimy after a few years, I would avoid it.

Given your car is white, I would 100% recommend specing the side mirrors in body colour or high gloss black. The standard mirror is half plastic and looks particularly bad with light coloured cars. Also as you're into the black/white theme, you can get the door sills in black as a no cost option.

PSCB or any brake upgrade is a bit of a waste in the taycan as 90% of braking will be done via regen. Spend that money on leather upgrade, at least that's something you'll touch everyday.

All just my personal preference of course.
Jayyvr890 -- given your thoughts above what would you suggest?

I want the back up rear cross alert and the exit warning but apparently the only way to get this is via Remote Park. So this is $1600? The trick is, if I get this, to get the Tech Package , I would only need to spend $700 more. Seems like a wasted opportunity to get features (although not essential) would be cool.

Question-- Do I just give up the Remote Parking? Or go for Remote Parking and just save the $700?

Sam

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Jayyvr890 -- given your thoughts above what would you suggest?

I want the back up rear cross alert and the exit warning but apparently the only way to get this is via Remote Park. So this is $1600? The trick is, if I get this, to get the Tech Package , I would only need to spend $700 more. Seems like a wasted opportunity to get features (although not essential) would be cool.

Question-- Do I just give up the Remote Parking? Or go for Remote Parking and just save the $700?

Sam
I'm in Canada so not sure if we have the same option packages but I do not have remote parking and I have all the safety features including cross traffic assist and exit assist etc...

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I'm in Canada so not sure if we have the same option packages but I do not have remote parking and I have all the safety features including cross traffic assist and exit assist etc...
Thanks--I added the Remote Parking. Not so much for the remote part but for the collision warning when backing out. I need it.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Looks like a solid build.

I would consider Rear Axle Steering (and PAS) over HUD for example.

What about the Rear 2+1 seat option? Might be useful for resale?

Some would suggest getting the On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger from E-Mobility in case future use of Tesla Super Chargers becomes an option.

Can't comment on the premium/performance packages as unfortunately we don't have them here in the UK.

Best of luck!
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla...nt-to-pay-for-Superchargers-too.604353.0.html

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tesla...nt-to-pay-for-Superchargers-too.604353.0.html
Sponsored