Front End Clearance?

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
My Taycan is on its way, does anyone know the clearance? I have a semi steep driveway which was barely enough to clear my BMW 650.
Sponsored

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
I asked the same question before I got my Taycan. My driveway has a steep slope, narrow, with a crowned road and rolled gutter. Even with curb ramps it's not easy to get in. Tesla Bjorn had a video that covers testing clearance.

Screenshot:
Porsche Taycan Front End Clearance? 1654545596898

Exact spot with measurements, you go back slightly for the details.

Reactions: B61

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Sometimes, only way to find out is to try it. I'm in a similar situation (have an unusually steep ramp to my building parking garage) and so I asked nicely and borrowed a 4S sedan from a nearby dealer for a test drive and drove it home to see if lift mode was enough to clear it. It was barely enough! At the highest lift mode, the bottom just lightly touches and glances over the floor at the bottom of the ramp. This qualified as a pass for me :)

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I had the same worries with an awkward driveway and borrowed a CT to see if it fits, on the lowest setting it cleared my drive whereas I couldn't reverse a Golf GTE without scraping.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
My Taycan is on its way, does anyone know the clearance? I have a semi steep driveway which was barely enough to clear my BMW 650.
Not in inches...................but I measured the clearance on my 4S set on Sport Plus..........using my iPhone Max. The phone will NOT get past the front valance in the upright position. In the sideways position the phone BARELY makes it under the valance. You will undoubtedly learn to use the Lift function not only in your driveway but on parking lot entrance/exit ramps, etc. Even in the Lift position I have to drive very slow when leaving parking lots that have an exaggerated dip. More than once the car beeps and warns me to check my surroundings. You will learn where you need to be careful. One final thought. I received a Girot's catalog last week and I remember seeing a rubber 'mat' that is made to be put on driveway/garage transitions to help avoid scraping.

OP
OP

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Could some measure the front and rear overhang?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Exact spot with measurements, you go back slightly for the details.
I haven't checked video (yet), but I'd like to point out, that in case of off-road package, there might be about 1cm less since all that plastic is fixed on the bottom. I'll make some pictures later.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I haven't checked video (yet), but I'd like to point out, that in case of off-road package, there might be about 1cm less since all that plastic is fixed on the bottom. I'll make some pictures later.
But i think the off-road pack also gives increased ground clearance setting?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
But i think the off-road pack also gives increased ground clearance setting?
Take a look on the table posted by @Fcmbr .
There's 124mm (lowest) up to 176mm (highest) for CT (with or without off-road pack), so 124mm might be 114mm only.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Perhaps also measure (and compare) distance from tyre contact to point of minimum clearance (similar to overhang).

A car with 200mm clearance but this at 4 yards in front of tyre (just using ludicrously extreme example to illustrate) ..... would still bottom out on a shallow incline.

Carlos

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi had similar worries but my GTS in full lift mode cleared it by about 1mm 😰

OP
OP

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
too close for comfort!

OP
OP

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Can you measure for me the distance from wheel to the front edge of the bumper, and the distance from from bumper to the ground? I can then figure out the angle.
Sponsored