Taycan CT vs ST/non-CT approach angle and front ground clearance

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag
Hello all,

New to the forum and have narrowed it down to the Taycan as our family's first EV. Not new to Porsche as I currently have a GT3 but now want a more practical Porsche that I can legitimately daily-drive and drop the kids off at school in.

The big question is ground clearance, in particular the approach angle on a steep parking garage ramp that goes from 0 degrees and into an abruptly sharp ~30 degree incline. Even with front axle lift engaged on my GT3, I hit the ramp pretty badly, damaging to the front lip in fact that I don't even park it at our home garage anymore but secured a different garage space just to park it. FWIW, GT3's have pretty poor front end clearance because of its lip, so I wasn't surprised and ok with it. I'm just hoping the Cross Turismo will fare better, especially with the lift function. For reference, we have 2 Audis that negotiate this ramp with no issues, but one is an SUV and the other is an A6 Allroad that has pretty good clearance for a non-SUV type. I'm hoping the Cross Turismo with lift engaged will have no issues either. What's everyone's experience with sharp steep ramps typically found in some city building garages, etc?

So I'm considering the CT4S because of the most available ground clearance but would prefer to get the GTS if the ramp clearance allows it. The CT has pretty good clearance over the regular Taycan and ST models by default and when lifted, even more, but what happens when the regular Taycan or ST models are lifted? At its highest lift setting, does they at least match or come close to the CT's approach angle clearance? I'm particularly interested in how much the ST's ultimate clearance would be when compared to the Cross Turismo models. Also, does the CT's Offroad package impact overall maximum clearance at all? I know the Offroad package gives the CT more clearance at the default suspension setting, but my understanding is that this is to compensate for the added body cladding on the front, sides, and rear. Does the Offroad package actually add increased clearance at max lift as well? Is max lift the same for all Taycan models?

Sorry, I know it's a lot of questions :) but I really want to justify a GTS purchase, or at the very least a CT4S.
Sponsored

OP
OP

masmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, A6 Allroad, GT3
Country flag

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
One advantage (silver lining?) to the non CT is that the lower front bumper is in a generic flat black plastic. Similar to your GT3, this part actually appears to be easily replaceable at a pretty reasonable cost ($290). My buddy who had a GT3 didn't get the lift since he figured he could periodically just replace the plastic if it bothered him

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/sku9j1ttlip.html

I'm planning to lower my sedan when I get it via lowering links. Though I'll lose ground clearance (even with lift), I figure I can just replace the front lip in a few years if I end up scraping it and it bothers me enough.

Of course for you if you scrape every time you go there, I could see this still not being enough to sway you
Sponsored